Tunnel to Towers

Options
Learned of this awesome 5k run/walk event when I went to buy my garmin. It's for the Stephen Siller Foundation. Stephen was a NY firefighter who had just finished his shift and was driving home when he heard on his radio about the first plane hitting the towers on 9/11. Instead of continuing home he turned around to head back into the city to help. He was unable to get thru the tunnels because they were closed. So he strapped on his 60 lbs of gear and RAN to the towers, where he unfortunately lost his life in the collapse. The foundation helps first responders and military heros. Locations for the 5ks are: New York, Vero Beach, Orlando, Cincinnati (I'm running this location), Fort Lauderdale, Savanna, Medina, South Carolina, and Raleigh/Durham. besides paying the registration fee you also have the option to set up a fund raising site for the race. I decided to fund raise with my run/walk. If you are near any of these locations please look into this race. I don't think we are allowed to post links (?).. so just google Tunnel2Towers for further information.

Replies

• PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    What a great event! I wish there was one even generally in my vicinity.