What Do You Do When You Are Sick?

Options
Do you still exercise or take some time off?

I am trying to complete my 6th week of insanity, but I find myself having to restart the 6th week because I have been under the weather and have been trying to still workout while feeling this way. Is it good or bad? I kind of feel like the sickness lingers because I use all my energy working out. Suggestions?

Replies

• penwah89
    penwah89 Posts: 13
    Options
    Gosh I havent had this issue yet but I'm sure it is only a matter of time.
    I was sick the other day but I was a quick one of thing, not like a cold that lasts for days. I was sick on the day before my rest day so I just did that workout on the rest day insead.
    As for having a cold/flu that lasts a while. I think if that happens to me I might do the workouts still, but at a very slow pace and taking it "easy". Maybe take an increase of vit c and try and get as much sleep as possible.

I'm wondering what I'm going to do when (sorry guys) that time of the month comes around. I barely feel like walking for the first two days let alone jumping all over the place like crazy... that will be interesting!!

Also, hubby and I are going on a 3 night cruise in our last week of insanity and are planning on taking our laptop with us and doing the insanity workout each morning before going to breakfast!!! Crazy I know!

Hope you feel better soon
  • All4Me2014xx
    All4Me2014xx Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It depends on what the sickness is. For me, nausea/vomiting or migraine means I lay in bed and face the world another day. Flu like symptoms determine whether or not I can do a particular type of workout.

Insanity takes a lot out of you, so my vote would be to do the recovery week until the sickness passes and then start back up on the prescribed workout, or just let your body rest until it's ready to start up again.

Hope you feel better soon.
  • Aoifeberenger
    Options
    Day 2 of sickness for me today. There was no way I could exercise yesterday as was in bed all day. I personally feel you should let yourself get better and then rejoin insanity where you stopped. But I was very aware of what I was eating yesterday! Pain being sick!
  • Lou_Darling93
    Options
    I think when sick, there's no point doing insanity.

It's tough. Getting better when sick takes a lot of energy and time, and depleting your energy by doing insanity- probably at half effort because you're unwell- means you'll be sick longer, have to take more time off, and keep doing insanity at a lower effort than usual.

Take a few days off. :) I was sick for 4 days at start of this week, so I said I'd repeat the last two days of last week, have the rest day, and restart this week fresh. Then my rest days stay where I planned them to be and I get all my workouts in.
  • NaniBoo11
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I am fighting a sinus infection that has been causing so much pain. I tried to keep doing Insanity but I felt worse after. I will take a break then restart where I left off once I feel better. Your suggestions were much appreciated.
  • Aoifeberenger
    Options
    Hope you got over the sinus infection and are back into it! I tried exercising after 2 days sick but then had to call it a day for another week. I am glad I did. Got over my illness after 2 weeks and now I am back at Insanity where i Left off. I must say it was like starting all over again - I felt my fitness levels had gone way down.