Submitted, Approved, Results visit!

Options
Sleevarilla
Sleevarilla Posts: 27 Member
Hi!

My paperwork for insurance was submitted last Thursday, I found out Monday I was approved and I had my results visit today. I'm scheduled for surgery 8/20/14. It's been a whirlwind!!

My doctor mentioned a new surgery that he's doing, and he mentioned that it's part of a clinical research. IHe called it SIPS and described it as a sleeve plus. It's called SADI-S. Here is a link for it:

http://www.soard.org/article/S1550-7289(12)00279-1/abstract

Has anyone had this procedure? Has anyone else heard of it? He wasn't pushing me to get it, he is a very good surgeon. He was just keeping me as informed as possible.

Replies

• authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    It's a duodenal switch. What is new is the length of the bypass. For people doing the staged procedure this might be the second surgery, if it is needed.

Congratulations on your insurance going through. Now you need to concentrate on getting your body and mind prepared for the surgery. Follow your doc's instructions and keep yourself healthy. All my best to you.
  • Sleevarilla
    Options
    It's a bit different than a DS. After reading as much as I can about it, I've decided to just stick with the VSG as originally planned. Thanks for the well wishes! :)
  • authorwriter
    authorwriter Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    The advantage of only going with the VSG is that you can proceed to the DS later, if it's needed. That's how my surgeon explained it to me. If you go with the whole procedure at the one time and you don't lose much, there isn't a whole lot more options open, so doing the VSG alone leaes your options open.

Now, post-surgery, I feel like my weight-loss pace is glacial despite the low-caloric intake, but having the sleeve has been such an adjustment, emotionally, and physically, that I've decided that I don't want a switch, so I'm going to make this sleeve work, come heck or high water.

The next surgery I plan to have is to have the excess skin removed and get my face lifted! LOL! Yeah, boobs, too. HAHA! A girl can dream.

I've lost 45 pounds in the last 12 weeks, which really isn't too bad, just lately it's SO SLOOOOOWWWW. However, I certainly feel better, way better than I did 12 weeks ago, so I'm just hanging in there and trusting that eventually, it will come off.

Do you have a date yet?
  • Sleevarilla
    Options
    I do have a date!

8/20/14!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Cadennza on having your date set, and it's not very far away. Very exciting. :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Cadennza, congratulations on getting your date and it's sounds like a smart move to do the VSG without the additional. Really most of us are pretty successful with the VSG as is. This is a great tool all by itself without changing the plumbing. :-)) Good luck with everything and I look forward to reading about your success!

Pat
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! August 20 is right around the corner. Big changes ahead!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you :)
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Something to look forward to after all the work and steps you've already had to undergo to get ready for surgery. The main reason I decided on the sleeve was because it didn't mess with anything else. Thanks to this group I've received priceless information and unconditional support.

Before you know it, the 20th will be here. Wishing you well and have a nice recovery.