Reasons to breath correctly while lifting

Options
SezxyStef
SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
Was watching an episode of "The Science of Stupid" and they did a segment on breathing properly while lifting...

So here is a video (I will note the times) of some of the clips they used to demonstrate why it's important to breath while lifting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VqbWAG3qmk

0:33
1:27
1:35
1:47
2:05

The rest is just funny.

Replies

• morethenjustmum
    morethenjustmum Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    thanks stef , awesome at work chuckles
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    I shouldn't be laughing this much....I've seen stars after a lift so I know I'm not breathing right.
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    OH. MY. GAWD.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    oh god that was scary. i liked the kettlebell and medicine ball though. only ones where nobody looked like they were getting seriously hurt.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks - this gave me an 'at work on a Friday' laugh :flowerforyou:
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've totally puked from working out, so I get that. What's the deal with passing out though? I'm loving freeweights, but don't necessarily want to make out with them (like that one guy's face) on my way to la la land.
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've totally puked from working out, so I get that. What's the deal with passing out though? I'm loving freeweights, but don't necessarily want to make out with them (like that one guy's face) on my way to la la land.

I think its from holding their breath? Or when doing a clean and jerk cutting off their windpipe while the bar is on their neck? I know ive seen stars before from not getting my breathing right lol
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I know I have come close to puking (especially pushing myself with DL's), didn't really think it was from my breathing.

Thanks for the video, I needed the laugh pretty bad.
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    These make me wonder if I would lift better if I wore a unitard :)