No longer TTC, and 6 weeks pregnant! Friends?

Options
Hey guys,

My husband and I were TTC in May and June for the first time.

We planned on skipping TTC for July and August and then starting again in September for personal reasons, however I just found out July 27th that we conceived on our first month that we were trying not to get pregnant and based on my tracking, it happened from being intimate FIVE days prior to ovulation, as this was the only time! haha

Despite the surprise, we couldn't be more excited and happy about it! It's just funny how life goes. Based on my LMP, I should be due around April 3, 2015! I'm just looking for MFP friends who will have similar due dates since this is my first baby, and sharing experiences with others would be helpful.!

Also, I'm vegetarian, so vegetarian pregnant friends are extra helpful, but not required. :)

Replies

• mommyrunning
    mommyrunning Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I am a vegetarian and 16 weeks. It's funny how it happens when it wants to.
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Contrary to what we learned in sex ed in school, the sperm actually stick around for five to six days after sex, which the egg is only around for about a day to a day and a half. So having sex before you ovulate (even by five or six days) is actually more likely to result in pregnancy than having sex after you ovulate.
  • formerlynobel
    formerlynobel Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was tracking, and my EDD (estimated at 8 weeks and again at 18 weeks) was 5 days ahead. That means I must have ovulated really early, since I already had it pinned at CD 13 or 14. Good thing we covered the bases, lol.
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I'm due Jan 29th. Feel free to add me :)
  • CinderellaDaisy
    CinderellaDaisy Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm Due March 10 you can add me if you like :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Im due march 24th
  • papagal212
    Options
    yup I got pregnant this time around 4days before ovulation. Wasn't trying to get pregnant, but things just happened that way. Oh well. I'm 18+3days along now. Dying to find out the sex, I heard if you DTD 3-4days prior to ovulation more likely will end up a girl cause girl sperm swims slow and lasts longer, Boy sperm swim faster and die faster. I'm curious if this theory will prove true
  • ldrosales
    Options
    Congratulations! I'm due the beginning of April also! I haven't had a doctor appointment to confirm my due date yet, but should be the first week of April by my calculations:)

I'm excited to be using mfp this pregnancy, as with my first two, I gained way more weight than I should have! I'm trying to keep it super healthy this time. We also had just stopped trying and I had decided to go back to work...my oldest two will both be in school full time next year. Figures...the month I stop trying is the month I get pregnant. We are super excited!
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. I just read that beyond 4 days, the chances lower a bit. It doesn't really doesn't surprise me since many people conceive from being intimate 4-5 days before, but we also used a condom which obviously must've broke (which we're both happy about now).

I just found it funny that we tried for two months starting one week before ovulation, right up until ovulation day and I didn't conceive, but then when we were intimate one time on the first day of my fertile window only, and we DID conceive. :)
  • brilliantwords
    brilliantwords Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Sounds like the exact same thing that happened here! haha, congratuations!
  • missxlisa
    missxlisa Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm 6 weeks too :) complete surprise but of course hubby and I are excited
  • TheLaser
    TheLaser Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm due at the end of April! Happy to meet all of you!

I was timing it, and looks like the timing worked! This is my second baby, and I had a TERRIBLE first pregnancy. I am hoping this one will be the opposite of that.
  • nishiem13
    nishiem13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! i'm due on April 13th, this is my 3rd child. I have a 17 yr old son and an 18 month old son. We are hoping for a girl this time around, since this will be our last baby. Feel free to add me even though i'm not vegetarian :)
  • kathyk519
    kathyk519 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am about 6 weeks along and due at the end of April. I am not wholly vegetarian, but I don't eat a lot of meat. (I love beans and nuts!). Feel free to add me!
  • amaybee13
    amaybee13 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats! We tried to conceive for 5 years. Decided that we were done since I am 38 now. I am now 11 weeks pregnant and due March 27th. You can add me to.