Just Chat

Options
2»

Replies

• jafray4
    jafray4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Seafood sounds so good. I live in North Dakota so as you can imagine seafood not always even a choice and never really that fresh. Eating out is my weakness. Tonight we went out to eat and then after my hubby surprised me with a chocolate cheese cake from a place I love that is a 2 hour drive round trip. I couldn't not eat it but the leftovers got sent to my parents house.
  • Fasttrack2freedom
    Fasttrack2freedom Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey wassup ?? Thought Id drop in to say hey
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Ok . I made it through the weekend with NO alcohol!!!! Yes!!! We went out to dinner and my husband order 2 cocktails and I was sooooo tempted to give in but I stayed strong. My sister even thought I caved in but I didn't.

Saturday my eating was not healthy but i stayed within my calorie goals. Sunday was better.

What I like to do is get sparkling water and a couple slices of lemon or lime. The bubbly makes me feel like i'm having a cocktail and it's different than just plain water. :)
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hubby and I went to move our son back to college and we stopped for lunch. I had a low cal breakfast and than an huge high calorie lunch. Chicken fried steak, coleslaw and fries. Oh goodness, not a good day. I cannot remember the last time I went over my daily calories. Tonight a lite snack and a workout will be needed. Holy moly it was good but dang I feel guilty!
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    Made dinner on a Friday is a first for me!!! I grilled Salmon with Risotto and griled Asparagus!! I am really trying to stay focused. Hope everyone is having a great evening!!!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Hubby and I went to move our son back to college and we stopped for lunch. I had a low cal breakfast and than an huge high calorie lunch. Chicken fried steak, coleslaw and fries. Oh goodness, not a good day. I cannot remember the last time I went over my daily calories. Tonight a lite snack and a workout will be needed. Holy moly it was good but dang I feel guilty!

It happens! Double up on exercise drink a lot of water! Reboot!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Ok . I made it through the weekend with NO alcohol!!!! Yes!!! We went out to dinner and my husband order 2 cocktails and I was sooooo tempted to give in but I stayed strong. My sister even thought I caved in but I didn't.

Saturday my eating was not healthy but i stayed within my calorie goals. Sunday was better.

What I like to do is get sparkling water and a couple slices of lemon or lime. The bubbly makes me feel like i'm having a cocktail and it's different than just plain water. :)

I have to have the real thing! LOL!
  • kayjosh2422
    kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
    Options

It happens! Double up on exercise drink a lot of water! Reboot!

Exactly, I worked out tonight and will double up tomorrow and the next few days!
  • Ansin529
    Ansin529 Posts: 47
    Options
    Happy to Report that I received a clean bill of health today stemming from a large amount of lab work...

My new lifestyle has literally cut my cholesterol in half in as little as two months, increased my good cholesterol, blood sugar is excellent and all associated blood work was excellent... Course this may be contributed to the supplements/vitamins I take as well...

This simply provides me more drive to continue the journey...

I think the hardest part of this is going to be when I reach my goal weight and I attempt to operate in a maintenance mode... I am not going to know what do to with the additional calories. I am full most of the time and having to eat more is going to be uncomfortable and totally against the change in thought process I am striving to do away with...

Any ideas for the maintenance mode???
  • Ansin529
    Options
    Has anyone had any experience with a consumer style Rotisserie Oven...

To make a long story short, I have done away with everything white and processed (which includes all breads)...

I have increased my fiber intake and recently added the "Ole" Extreme Wellness Whole Wheat Wraps to my Diet...

I purchased a rotisserie chicken (pre-cooked) from walmart and placed pieces of the chicken inside the wrap with some vegetables... This was an awesome, low everything meal...

I like the chicken so much, I began to think about purchasing a rotisserie oven for myself... I am wondering if a consumer brand/style rotisserie oven is worth the money spent...

I am looking for anyone who has experience with a consumer model and if it worked as efficient as the commercial brands that cook several at a time in a commercial setting...
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi Ansin,

I own the vertigenius cuiZen rotisserie and love it. Roast whole chickens are easy and delicious. We also make chicken thigh schwarma as there are different accessories for it.

Good luck.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Increased my protein this week to 80 grams..........no cravings or binges, stayed within calories & feelin great
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Happy to Report that I received a clean bill of health today stemming from a large amount of lab work...

My new lifestyle has literally cut my cholesterol in half in as little as two months, increased my good cholesterol, blood sugar is excellent and all associated blood work was excellent... Course this may be contributed to the supplements/vitamins I take as well...

This simply provides me more drive to continue the journey...

I think the hardest part of this is going to be when I reach my goal weight and I attempt to operate in a maintenance mode... I am not going to know what do to with the additional calories. I am full most of the time and having to eat more is going to be uncomfortable and totally against the change in thought process I am striving to do away with...

Any ideas for the maintenance mode???
    Very cool!

Maintenance-measure your calories and exercise for a week @ least once a month to stay on track
  • Ansin529
    Options
    Thank you for the response... I will check it out this weekend...