any hoopers still around on here??

Options
2»

Replies

• LeilaniMassage
    LeilaniMassage Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Longlostsea sounds like you're getting it! I have several people in YouTube I follow for their hooping instructional videos. Best of luck.
  • HoolaHoopsMcGee
    HoolaHoopsMcGee Posts: 2,749 Member
    Options
    I'm a hooper that just recently came back to MFP. Hi everyone! I'm trying to get back into the logging thing because it really helps me control my diabetes.
  • wantoldme
    wantoldme Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    i don't do hooping but I hula dvds.
  • aabridges13
    aabridges13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm here!! Love hooping, its my favorite exercise ever.
  • aabridges13
    aabridges13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    YapiYapo wrote: »
    Hi longlostsea! There's a few things you could try.
    • Turn in the direction that the hoop is spinning
    • Keep your arms close to you
    • Try it with one leg slightly in front of the other
    • Try it with different clothes. If it can make contact with the skin, it's more likely to stay up. A lumpy waistband on your shorts or pants can also make it more difficult to keep it up.
    • If you have a walmart style hoop, you might not have any grip on the inside. If it's plastic, the inside can be sanded to give it grip. Alternatively, you can buy and apply hoop grip tape or "gaffer tape".
    • Last but not least... buy a bigger hoop!

Thanks for the response!
    I have a large polypro completely grip taped. I think 40"? Somewhere around there maybe 42 I forget. I also have one that is a couple inches smaller and is also lighter. I dont use that one so much. Not there yet!
    I can finally do it without walking the WHOLE time but now instead I am constantly spinning in the direction of the hoop and/or doing the weird wiggle move to keep it up. If I stay in one spot it quickly falls.
    I havent tried keeping my arms closer maybe I'll give it a go tomorrow.
    I mean I've been attempting to hoop a few nights a week for a few months, is that normal to still struggle?
    I've also been trying to do different directions and small failed attempts at leg and chest hooping.

You just have to keep at it... It took forever for me to get the hang of waist hooping, but once it clicks you can do so much more! I am currently working on wedgie combinations, circus start, and ghost isos. It takes me close to forever to learn things that need any form of coordination, so I just had to keep trying over and over and over.
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I am here and I love to hoop!!! Let's get this awesome group active and hooping again!
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    @ValleyHooper I'm with you! This would be such a great group to get going.
  • hollyberry6182
    hollyberry6182 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I am here and I love to hoop!!! Let's get this awesome group active and hooping again!

I've sent the moderator a message to see if they are still around...I'm sure there is a way of reinstating a group...I'll investigate
  • ValleyHooper
    ValleyHooper Posts: 1,993 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Awesome Holly!!! It would be great to have an active group.

I've sent the moderator a message to see if they are still around...I'm sure there is a way of reinstating a group...I'll investigate

• hulahoopmama
    hulahoopmama Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Agreed- let's get new people too! I miss the days of forums, lol.