New to the group!

Options
ScottH_200
ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
Giving a big shout out to everyone in the group. This is the first group I've joined (I think) on MFP. I've been actively logging and participating on MFP for the past 9.5 months. It's been a wonderful tool in my weight loss tool box and is definitely been part of my success in losing 98 lbs thus far.

Cheers!

Scott

Replies

• dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scott!

It appears you have done well with MFP and personal motivation! I hope you find this group to your liking, it is generally a very friendly group, well except for me, but they keep me around for laughs...

This group has gotten slow this summer. I like to think it is because we are all out DOING instead of writing all the time. I know since I've lost over half what I have to lose, I've been away from the computer (tv, books, chairs, etc.) a lot more that I ever dreamed.

Poke around some of the threads, and don't be shy about starting some! Shake the group up! There is no growth without new ideas.

Again, Welcome!

Dan
  • m23prime
    m23prime Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Hey Scott!

Wow! Great work so far! Congrats!

And I like your attitude!

A long haul approach is required for this gig. And I would say you have that in spades!

Unlike you, I started with walking and moved on to the gym...though I still walk EVERY day. I was plateaued at 100ish lost for a long time but recently have tightened my logging, upped my step count, and increased my gym time to three hours a week, and seem to be moving again in the right direction.

Glad to have you around!

Cheers
    Mark
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks, Dan & Mark!
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hello, Scott! Nice to meet you and welcome to the group. You are doing an amazing job on the weight loss...go Team You!! :)
  • BACKTOCHRISSY
    BACKTOCHRISSY Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scott!!! I love this group
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,690 Member
    Options
    Ditto, what everyone else said. :love:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Welcome Scott and congratulations on your weight loss so far.

Chuck
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Gracias!
  • emmerin78
    emmerin78 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Scott!! We're glad you're here :) Those are really impressive numbers and we look forward to supporting you as you continue your journey.

Tara :)
  • ScottH_200
    Options
    Thanks, Tara.
  • 31st_Proverbs
    31st_Proverbs Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth. I'm new to this group. It seems like I signed up for fitness pal about 2 years ago, but I really don't know how I made that account because I never used it till maybe 3 months ago. After 2 weeks I let the busyness of life take over and stopped watching and logging. I need to get back to it. I am over 50 and weigh 256 pounds. I have high blood pressure for the last 17 years and been on medicine for it for the last 12 years. Stroke and heart attacks run on both sides of my family. I have lost 100 pounds twice before in my life and always gained it back. Quite often I can see the disgust in my husbands eyes when he looks at me. My youngest daughter begs me to loose weight because she's ashamed of me. What my family doesn't realize is that they are making me eat in hiding to cover my hurts. What I need is encouragement.
  • leannabseven
    leannabseven Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Elizabeth. I'm new to this group. It seems like I signed up for fitness pal about 2 years ago, but I really don't know how I made that account because I never used it till maybe 3 months ago. After 2 weeks I let the busyness of life take over and stopped watching and logging. I need to get back to it. I am over 50 and weigh 256 pounds. I have high blood pressure for the last 17 years and been on medicine for it for the last 12 years. Stroke and heart attacks run on both sides of my family. I have lost 100 pounds twice before in my life and always gained it back. Quite often I can see the disgust in my husbands eyes when he looks at me. My youngest daughter begs me to loose weight because she's ashamed of me. What my family doesn't realize is that they are making me eat in hiding to cover my hurts. What I need is encouragement.

Hi, Elizabeth. It's nice to "meet" you and welcome to the group. I'll be happy to encourage you and cheer you along. You've done it before and you can do it again. Maybe it will help if you focus on the positive reasons for making these changes. It would be nice for your family to be proud of you, but for me, I've found that my journey is so personal, I have to do it for myself....for my health, for my personal feeling of accomplishment, and I am owning my journey.

You just jump in wherever you'd like here...on any of the topics (even the old ones if they interest you). It has helped me to make friends here at MFP because no one really understands where we are and where we want to go like others in the same boat.
  • L0veM3
    L0veM3 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just joined, trying to find ways to stay motivated.
  • Etherlily1
    Etherlily1 Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I guess that I will introduce myself. My name is Melinda. I am 36 yrs old. Stats: 5"3 SW: 315 CW: 296 LTGW: 150ish. I am married to my high school sweetie for 20yrs now, no kids, 2 cats. I have been heavy all my life, but I recently shot up after I quit my job where I was relatively active to have surgery on my hand. After I recouped, I started my own carpet, tile, grout cleaning business and sat on my butt for 2 months creating all the paperwork that goes along with owning a business....yep...it caught up with me and now I am here! As far as hobbies: my husband and I build and program arcade machines and emulators (think old-school Pac-man), hiking, camping, sci-fi conventions, and I read way too much. My diary is also open for anyone's viewing pleasure. It is nice to read all the other posts here and get to know everyone also!