Trials and Tribulations

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
We all have them, those days where we think why hasn't the scaled moved in the right direction, why does it seem it's never enough. There are days when we want to quit, days we wonder how long is this going to take, days where we just want to give up and go eat a pizza. But on those days we must persevere, we must remind ourselves even if we fall we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and remember why we chose this journey. For me it's about my health, about seeing my kids have kids, spending time with my family and feeling better about myself. So when you have those bad days, cry or scream if you must, but get back on track and know there are tons of people here for you, supporting you, encouraging you, offering you a hand up when you fall and know what your going through.

Replies

• dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    AMEN!!!

I try very hard to think of this as a lifestyle change and this is just part of my normal routine. But life does throw curveballs. I had one thrown at me Wednesday. My first thought was to get some wine and a pack of cigerettes and binge drink the stress away. But I prayed asked God to help stay on track. And I didnt fall.
  • fourluvbugs
    fourluvbugs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Timely post. I've had a tough week. I've been non-stop hungry, pms cranky, not sleeping, just having an off week. I gained a pound. But here's the thing..... this IS a lifestyle change for me. So the fact that I had a few rough days or even a bad week isn't enough of a setback to derail me. I will keep moving forward because I must. Yeah, I do wish that I'd have kept better control this week and made a few different choices but its ok, I'm not going to beat myself up. A year from now the pound I gained this week will be of no consequence.
  • tuckeychicken
    tuckeychicken Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    Timely post. I've had a tough week. I've been non-stop hungry, pms cranky, not sleeping, just having an off week. I gained a pound. But here's the thing..... this IS a lifestyle change for me. So the fact that I had a few rough days or even a bad week isn't enough of a setback to derail me. I will keep moving forward because I must. Yeah, I do wish that I'd have kept better control this week and made a few different choices but its ok, I'm not going to beat myself up. A year from now the pound I gained this week will be of no consequence.
    I couldn't agree more this is a lifestyle change for me too and I am not giving up either. Set backs will happen regardles, but the positve changes I want will not happen if I give up. So I am quite glad to have support and motivation from people like all of you and I hope I can give it right back.
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    Setbacks, curveballs and just bad days happen in life, it's all about how we deal with it. If your here, logging on than your on the right track! Hope everyone has a GREAT WEEKEND!!!
  • wintersandrea99
    Options
    Rough week too but I agree with y'all. No reason to beat yourself up over a difficult week. High Fives all around!
  • juditdell
    Options
    Today I was home with my family, a well deserved day off.
    All day I felt so sluggish,. no energy, all I wanted to do was sit down and do nothing.
    We did take the kids to the park, then got a froyo treat, which was nice. I dragged myself to do some laundry, but I couldn't shake that sluggish feeling, I had no energy at all.
    Didn't eat less or more or different than usual.

Does anyone have any input on this?
    Thank you!
  • jallysquared
    jallysquared Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had a disaster week last week!! I was away with work and ate and drank too much! By Friday, I was so disappointed with myself that I just wanted to give up, but instead, I ate well for the weekend, and got back to the gym, and I actually feel more committed then ever.

We'll all have bad days here and there, but the best thing to do is try to forget it, and get back on track!
  • dbanks80
    Options
    I had a disaster week last week!! I was away with work and ate and drank too much! By Friday, I was so disappointed with myself that I just wanted to give up, but instead, I ate well for the weekend, and got back to the gym, and I actually feel more committed then ever.

We'll all have bad days here and there, but the best thing to do is try to forget it, and get back on track!

Way to get back at it and not let yourself stay down!!!
  • jhall1255
    jhall1255 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My week wasnt bad for me, just bad food wise. But its okay because I set myself straight over the weekend and today. Last tuesday was my birthday and since i did absolutely nothing last year for my birthday except work I made the most of it this year :) I treated myself and stopped when i was full, my friend wanted to take me to dinner so we did. The next day i went to the doctor and guess what! I didnt gain 20 lbs from the tacos the night before lol. Friday my coworkers took me out and we ate lots of pie. But it was one day out of the year and we went to a little pie shop an hour away that was well worth it. Im not beating myself up about it though because saturday came and back to counting calories i went and today im going to go back to the gym:)

Im trying to learn to reward myself through out this process without going over board because like many of you have said, its a lifestyle change!
  • lisa_darlene9
    lisa_darlene9 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have had and still have the same thoughts and feelings you have mentioned. I am not giving up any more,,when I gave up in the past I set myself further back then when I started and it always makes the journey a nasty cycle. Well no more, I AM NOT GIVING UP.
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    We all have them, those days where we think why hasn't the scaled moved in the right direction, why does it seem it's never enough. There are days when we want to quit, days we wonder how long is this going to take, days where we just want to give up and go eat a pizza. But on those days we must persevere, we must remind ourselves even if we fall we must pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and remember why we chose this journey. For me it's about my health, about seeing my kids have kids, spending time with my family and feeling better about myself. So when you have those bad days, cry or scream if you must, but get back on track and know there are tons of people here for you, supporting you, encouraging you, offering you a hand up when you fall and know what your going through.

That's so nice!
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I heard on here one time.........
    "If you never give up, then you never have to start all over."
  • Jojojesse
    Jojojesse Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So I stopped buying chocolate bars, or muffins, pop etc, now I have to get rid of the cocoa and chocolate chips from the cupboard so I stop whipping up a batch of cookies or a cake.
    Chewing gum like a crazy person lately too and over dosed on blueberries, turned into a major laxative mistake.
  • daverave7
    daverave7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm struggling to get under my recommended net calorie intake (for 1 pound a week loss) at the moment. Have been on holidays, had too many parties, too much wine. I have tried to compensate by increasing my exercise, but so far not too good!
  • kayjosh2422
    Options
    When you are hungry or think your hungry drink water, lots of it. Wait about 20 or so minutes and usually you will no longer be hungry.
  • conetah24
    conetah24 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Last week wasn't really a set back but it was a little frustrating when you step on the scale and have only lost a pound. I work out regularly so I expect big loses like my first three weeks but I may have to face that I'm in that range now where it will take work and discipline to achieve my goal. The best thing to do is to find positives from a bad week. I may have only lost a pound but I know that I have changed my lifestyle enough to sustain a target weight once I reach it.
  • dbanks80
    Options
    Last week wasn't really a set back but it was a little frustrating when you step on the scale and have only lost a pound. I work out regularly so I expect big loses like my first three weeks but I may have to face that I'm in that range now where it will take work and discipline to achieve my goal. The best thing to do is to find positives from a bad week. I may have only lost a pound but I know that I have changed my lifestyle enough to sustain a target weight once I reach it.

When that happens i try to think about what i have accomplished. Like at least I lost instead of gaining or staying the same. Look at how far you've come and think about the positives.
  • afrodizzia
    afrodizzia Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My biggest trial is that the scale never seems to move.I have decided not to weigh too often and judge my weightloss by how my clothes and so far I'm fitting comfortably into a size 14 UK from a size 16 UK.

Another trial I had to overcome was eating enough. I had dieted myself to a point where I could not lose even when consuming very low calories. This would result in frustration and yo yo dieting.

6 weeks ago I decided to repair my metabolism by eating at maintenance. Once it has been reset I then planned to create a moderate deficit to help me drop the weight. Seems to be working and I have lost 12 inches all over (Yay!)

Hope this challenge will help me see soome scale movement, but will take inch loss any day. >>>runs to grab tape measure<<<<
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Today I was home with my family, a well deserved day off.
    All day I felt so sluggish,. no energy, all I wanted to do was sit down and do nothing.
    We did take the kids to the park, then got a froyo treat, which was nice. I dragged myself to do some laundry, but I couldn't shake that sluggish feeling, I had no energy at all.
    Didn't eat less or more or different than usual.

Does anyone have any input on this?
    Thank you!

My hubby and I have had the same symptoms for a month off and on...I think its Allergies and a summer bug thing.
    No energy kinda sick feeling but not to bad...just not wanting to do anything...slight headache.
    Just get lots of rest and lots of veggies and fruit along with protein. A bit of Protein at every meal will help our bodies heal themselves if it is something in our system.