Let's Get Personal.....Running Shorts/Underwear

RenewedRunner
RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
So I apparently I am some gross weirdo to my friends because I don't wear an extra pair of underwear under my running shorts. I didnt know people even did that! I use the built in liner as my solo pair.

Curious to know-does the majority wear a pair in addition to their running shorts?

Replies

• prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    In the summer, all of my shorts have built in underwear and for me that's how I run. In the winter I run in running leggings/tights. And I wear underwear under those. I also wear a pair of shorts over the top cause I'm too old (fashioned) to run in very tight apparel!
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    I used to.
    Even with long capris or pants.

Now I only wear underwear with ome pair of UA shorts (no liner and very short). And a baggy pair of UA pants (because they're baggy and sit low on my hips).

No panty lines or wedgies.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Now I feel like a weirdo. I never knew people went commando while wearing lined running shorts. :-) I always wear my undies while running.
  • litsy3
    litsy3 Posts: 783 Member
    What would be the point of having a liner if you had to wear underwear too?

I do under winter tights that aren't lined because I find it more comfortable. But lots of people just go commando under those too. And it would have to be pretty damn cold for me to bother with tights instead of normal running shorts anyway.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I don't wear underwear any other time, why would I put them on to run?
  • TheBrolympus
    TheBrolympus Posts: 586 Member
    If there is a liner in the shorts why do you need underwear?
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member

Exactly!
  • vmclach
    vmclach Posts: 670 Member
    Lol wear nike pro shorts only.. No liner, but they are basically spankies, so I've gone commando on many occasions, but I prefer to wear underwear with it because I feel like my v would chaff if I did a longer run :-O
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    In my experience, most runners go commando.
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    I go commando with shorts with a liner/built in brief (prevents chafing!). If I'm just wearing gym shorts, then it's a pair of compression briefs.
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Always commando. All my running shorts and skirts have liners - and I think it looks weird when people wear underwear under running tights. VPL - no thanks. The shorts I wear to the gym and to yoga are fitted, so underwear isn't necessary.
  • ZenInTexas
    ZenInTexas Posts: 781 Member
    I used to until I did a 14 mile run in the humid swamp of Houston and the seams ripped my thighs bloody. So now it's just compression shorts with nothing under.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    I prefer to wear boxer briefs for my runs. Otherwise there is too much... movement... going on to be comfortable.
  • CarsonRuns
    CarsonRuns Posts: 3,039 Member
    I prefer to wear boxer briefs for my runs. Otherwise there is too much... movement... going on to be comfortable.

Must be nice.

Signed,
    Joe Average
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    What would be the point of having a liner if you had to wear underwear too?

Exactly.
  • smarionette
    smarionette Posts: 260 Member
    I wear underwear, but seamless non-cotton ones. Just feels more secure? I've recently converted my husband to wearing compression spandex for his runs as he was complaining about chafing. He no longer questions all the spandex in my running wardrobe!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Nope. I pretty much either wear running skirts with built-in boy shorts or capris/tights that are meant to be worn commando.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    I never heard of such......running with underwear on? I think I did that as a teenager once, when her parents came home unexpectedly!
  • lbmore33
    lbmore33 Posts: 1,013 Member
    To quote Kramer..." Im out there Jerry and loving every minute of it" lol
  • RunnersLament
    RunnersLament Posts: 140 Member
    Commando... Running free every single mile.

Unless its below minus 20.... then I'll consider additional shielding from the elements.:ohwell: