My phone app has doubled my Calories burned?

Options
I use:
MapMyFitness
MyFitnessPal
Jawbone UP

I have them all sync'd.
I have MFP set so that I don't eat more than what I need to to lose.

Each day this week I have not exceeded my calorie allowance,
I have walked 3.5-5.5 miles per day at a fat burning pace (burning 400-600+ calories).
I have been trying to avoid heavy carbs though I have had a few dinner splurges because they fell into my allowance (1/4 frozen pizza one night).
Water intake has been ok but could be better.
I was shocked that my weekly weigh-in and reported a 1lb gain when I should have lost 2.

I'm being extra cautious of all the syncing now.
I just walked 79 minutes, burned 535 calories according to MapMyFitness.
My Jawbone and MFP are DOUBLiNG my total to 160 minutes and 1070 calories.

In MFP my jawbone says
Jawbone calories burned projection: 2352
MyFitnessPal Calories burned (1070 cal of exercise: 3010
Jawbone Calorie Adjustment: -658

My computer MFP shows -410 exercise
My Phone app says +123 exercise.
MY phone app has been reset 3 times and it is still showing that I actually "ate" calories from exercise where my computer seems more accurate.

Can anyone explain WTH is going on and what I need to disengage to make it stop doubling or miscalculating my calories? I have worked so this last month and this feels like such a punch in the gut (puns, sorry) to worry that perhaps all the syncing that I loved so much has caused me to eat more than I should and therefore gain.

Gain could also be caused by building muscle I guess but this still doesn't explain why today it is showing double the activity. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• raymiles
    raymiles Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have MMF synced to UP but not to MFP. But I don't use the former enough to know how well they integrate and usually erase the data that MMF sends to UP. Yesterday, I checked the syncing and, after a walk lasting an hour, MMF added about 23cals to my UP total.
    Try uncoupling them to see what happens.
  • dtherese83
    Options
    Thank you for the info!

I think it may have been a glitch for the one day, maybe an update, because it hasn't happened since.

I did notice, however, that that was the one day I exercised before I remembered to log any of my food. I'm wondering if that may have played a part.