Surgery date

Options
kaeli_shay
kaeli_shay Posts: 11 Member
Hi all,

I got my surgery date! September 10th. I was just wondering how you guys handled the liquid diet? Did you pretty much starve the whole time?

TIA!

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting your date! I don't have any input about the liquid diet because my surgeon didn't require that, but I am sure you will get through it just fine :-) Good luck to you!
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you mean the pre-op diet? I had to do one week of 900 calories, no more than 30 carbs and 10 grams of fat. Then I had a week of protein shakes (also at 900 max) and a day of clear liquids. The first 3 days of the protein shakes were the hardest and I felt hungry and weak. But by day 4 I was fine, and found that I wasn't hungry and had to make an effort to get the calories in. After surgery, you won't be hungry so it is pretty easy.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    My date is September 30, so I won't be starting the liquid diet until the 23rd. I plan to be grumpy and ornery. I've been incorporating protein shakes since the beginning to get myself used to making, modifying and drinking them. I had my first Isopure (the green one) today as I plan to use them post surgery.

We'll get through it!

Rob
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Just focus on you. Treat it as a whole body cleanse. There are so many flavors of water you can drink now and flavored broths. Relax, take hot baths, listen to music, get your hair and nails done, grab a massage, get a facial, do a sugar scrub. Just pamper your self. Light some candles. Put on some perfume, Read some great books. You aren't denying your self you are taking care of you. Put the world on hold and don't sweat the small stuff.