The Depo is killing me!

Options
I became pregnant on my IUD so after the birth of my youngest girl (14 weeks old) I decided to try the Depo shot once again. I did gain 60lbs as a teenager on it, but thought I would attempt it once more. I'm almost up on my 3 month mark and for sure I'm going back to an IUD. I would rather become pregnant again then gain this weight. I feel "starving" 24/7. I can wake up in the middle of the night and feel like I haven't ate in a month.

Anyone else having these issues?

Did going off of the depo help you out right away?

Thanks Ladies!

((((PS- I need some awesome motivational Mamma's to be friends with...add me and I'll help cheer ya on!))))

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also have a 14 week old girl, also my third child. I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter too. Feel free to add me!

I have no experience of depo, but at my 6 week check I was discussing contraception with my GP and she said the injection was the only form of birth control that made you gain weight.

Although I went back on the pill after my first child and found that made me feel more hungry.
  • Advaya
    Advaya Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not the only form that will make you gain weight, its just the one that it seems almost guaranteed.

I have been on several different methods, and I always am hungry on most of them (except the paragard IUD, that one has no hormones so I was fine but I bled too heavy).

I have nexplanon implant now and I really like it, but a lot of people have the same weight issues with it.

BTW, love your profile picture. <3 babywearing!