When did the weight loss slow?

Options
bethira
bethira Posts: 132 Member
I'm a month from 44th birthday and pre-menopausal but starting to show symptoms. I'm pretty sure it's not long now. One thing I've noticed is that even though I'm more careful than I've ever been with my logging and more diligent than I've ever been with my exercise, the weight loss has slowed to a trickle. Last month I lost less than a pound. Any loss is a good loss, but I have 50 lbs. to go. I'm nowhere near maintenance. At this rate I'll be 100 before I lose it all (okay it's not that bad, but some days it really feels like it).

As a symptom when did you start seeing the extreme slow weight loss (or gain)?

Replies

• Peppah7
    Peppah7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm guessing for me about age 40. 48 now, but still pre-menopausal, I think (not particularly regular, but no hot flashes). Wondering if it will get more difficult when in full meno?
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Actually nothing slowed but then I'm perimen. at 50 - now getting a mild hot flash every couple of days when I wake up in the AM. I lost my weight at 49 but it was only 30 lbs and the first time that I had to lose more than 10 lbs.
  • sprintto50
    sprintto50 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I have had hot flashes since I was 47 and losing weight has been much harder since then. But I can attribute that as much to not trying really hard either. So I guess I'm no help. I certainly gain weight a lot more easily though.