Welcome! Please introduce yourself

2BGr8r
2BGr8r Posts: 1 Member
Good morning.

Just started this group today for all of us who are either Dr Duc Vuong's patients, are a fan of his books, or are getting/have had a VSG and want to provide support to each other in the spirit of Dr. V.

My name is Diane Kean. I live in Santa Fe, NM and work in Albuquerque, NM. Had my first appointment with Dr. V and the Lovelace team 2 weeks ago - targeting late November or sometime in December to get my sleeve. I'm logging my food in MFP and am wearing a ftibit as of Friday night last week. I really want to make this work.

My goals are not only to lose weight, but to feel better. I'm tired of feeling tired and not getting a chance to really enjoy my life. I live in a beautiful place - at least until our lease is up next May - and want to enjoy the SF National Forest and wilderness we live in. I especially want to live as long as I can with my husband, who weighs about 100 pounds less than I and is a runner. I also am ambitious when it comes to my career and would really like to be better able to show what I can do. I'm a bit self-conscious which I know holds me back at work. I want to look successful which includes managing my weight and finding it much easier to move than I do now.

I am looking forward to the journey and releasing these pounds that just drag me down!

Diane

Replies

• susanstherapy
    susanstherapy Posts: 1 Member
    congratulations on your journey!
  • lisagordon1986
    lisagordon1986 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm one of Dr V's Illinois patients. We miss him terribly, but know he is doing great work in NM.
  • GunnyCate
    GunnyCate Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am preop and found Dr. V on you tube and facebook. I have been following his eating plan for a month now and am down 15.8 pounds which is amazing to me as I am a three time cancer survivor (papillary and follicular thyroid cancer and thymoma) and I have tried multiple diets with little success. I lost 40 pounds over the course of 2016 through exercise and diet and managed to keep it off for a year but in November of 2017 I had a medication issue and gained it all back in less than 6 weeks. That was the straw that broke the camels back and I started looking at weight loss surgery. I am looking for others who are following his program not just the food but the whole lifestyle.
  • mommy2vi
    mommy2vi Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I had VSG surgery on February 11th, 2019 and discovered Dr. V's videos on Youtube while I was recuperating. I made the decision to have VSG in late August 2018. My weight at that time was 230. My weight on the day of my surgery was 212, and my current weight 4 weeks post-op is 192. Although I am at the beginning of this journey, I am looking forward to learning everything I can about how to ensure that I get the best nutrition going forward so I can enjoy good health well beyond my 50's.
  • DaniVDay21121
    DaniVDay21121 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! Currently scheduled for VSG in just 8 days!!! Super excited. Reading Dr. V'S Ultimate Gastric Sleeve Success book...