Leave One Bite Challenge

Options
Last week, at the monthly support meeting in my program, someone talked about leaving one bite on your plate. Doesn't matter what it is. The idea is that if you keep track of all the times you didn't eat that last bite, you can use it when you're feeling frustrated to show the times where you did exercise will-power. Also, you can use it as a guide to reward yourself, like, if you went a whole month doing this, you could reward yourself with a movie or buying yourself a CD, etc.
I guess if someone was really really tracking every single thing they put in their mouth, they could add up a few bites and adjust their food diary accordingly. :glasses:
So, having said all that, I'm going to start this challenge myself!

Replies

• kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    This morning, I left one bite of banana.
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    This morning, I left 1 bite of my cereal w/banana
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Since its getting close to payday, my options are down to some not-so-healthy things. For example for dinner I had a tiny amount of mac and cheese, but I "pimped" it a little by adding some diced tomatoes.
    Oh, and I left 2 bites.
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Lunch, left last bite
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    wow, had PC issues for a a while there. :grumble:
    But, picking up where I left off.. Breakfast this morning, one bite left
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You are doing great with the leave one bite concept.
    Truthfully, that would be a hard thing for me to do because I ALWAYS have finished what is on my plate.
    My sister and her dog recently moved in with me so I could see myself giving my last bite to the dog.
    I don't know if that would be cheating but maybe it would be an easier way for me to start doing it. lol.
    I will plan to start that tomorrow and let you know how it goes. :wink:
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Thats awesome!
    I found an article about it today.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-susan-albers/the-last-meatball-standin_b_5396279.html

I think from this point on, I will post all mine once a day, otherwise it looks kinda silly :laugh:
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    lol, oops I keep forgetting about this. :embarassed: Will start again in the morning.
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Okay, I did it at every meal today! I'm still finding it strange to not eat everything on my plate, but I guess that's the idea. :smile: