A Question About Breaks

Options
So I am currently at a college with a gym, but I'll be leaving on friday. After that I have roughly two weeks until I return to my normal college, and probably will not lift until after the "omg everyone's back!" festivities which means the beginning of September. That's at least six workouts that I'll be missing, and there are no gyms close enough to me at home (or cheap enough) for me to pay for a month just to use a squat rack.

So my question is do I do a complete reset, as in back to square one with the bar? Or do I just deload some and start again?

For OHP (60 lbs) and Rows (80 lbs) I feel I am about at my limit and will need to deload or stay at the same weight soon, if not on Wednesday or Friday. For Bench presses (60 lbs) I'm kind of near that mark, but should be fine for a bit longer. For deadlifts (125 lbs) and squats (80), thank goodness for volleyball thighs, I feel like I could keep going.

On friday I will have completed week three, and start on week four. So I'm almost a quarter of the way through, and although I plan to continue to lift, the competitive person in me who is tracking my progress with graphs doesn't want to backtrack too much.

Replies

• Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Not trying to sound flip, but in the scheme of things it really doesn't matter. Go by how you feel. It might be easier to start over if you're overwhelmed with new classes or aren't sleeping enough. Or you might feel awesome and energized and like you don't really need to deload much. Either way 4 weeks is a drop in the bucket when it comes to weight training, so whatever you do is the right choice!
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I would just go back to the bar for most of them. It doesn't take too long to work your way back up.
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll go back to the basics for all of them and take it from there. I didn't even think about classes and sleep schedule yet so that will probably help, because at least for the beginning it will be quicker than it is now.