today is hundred-pound deadlift day!

Options
canadianlbs
canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
slightly unsure if i should take up a whole thread just to say that . . . but now that i know you add 10 to deadlifts, i just realised this.

and honestly, i'm so excited. feel like a little kid still in pjs (which i am) just itching to get at the stuff under the tree.

Replies

• Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    That IS exciting. Those things should be shared, I like getting excited for people lol. Good luck and nail that thing!
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, a new thread is definitely appropriate! So exciting to get to triple digits!!! Way to go!
  • aledba
    aledba Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! How did it go?
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    I was so excited to hit triple digits on my DL too. Happy for you! :happy:
  • bruerin
    bruerin Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    How did it go? Super-excited for you!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    d'awww . . . thanks. it's truly nice to have somewhere to get all excited with stuff.

whether i made it . . . well. as a matter of fact, i don't know. i was in a different rec centre where i don't know the weights of the bars, and i had to use an oly curl bar which was all that there was. it sure *felt* heavier than the 20-lb one at the other gym, but that might be me. i was feeling pretty thrashed by the time i got to that part today.

i didn't mind. you lift what feels right on the day you're lifting, it how i'm looking at it right now. so assuming it was 20lb i put on two 5's along with the 35 plates to start with. i knew immediately that i couldn't lift that today so i backed off.

anyway, if the curl bar was 20lb then i did 90 just like last time. if it was 25, then of course i did 95. either way, i'm happy and feel like i made the right call because whatever weight that was, it felt good.

. . . and i know what to go for next time. thanks for the cheering section, everyone. that was nice.
  • Gen2703
    Gen2703 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Go canadianlbs!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile: :heart:
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Olympic bars are usually 40 or 45 pounds... not sure about the curl bars. But it might have been way more than you thought!!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Olympic bars are usually 40 or 45 pounds... not sure about the curl bars. But it might have been way more than you thought!!

that would be lovely, but the most it could have been is 95 with the plates. the little curl bar only comes up to the top of my head at the most, and the one at my other usual rec centre is 20 pounds. at this one i couldn't take the bar to the scale and find out, because the scale's down the hallway in another room.

after i stripped the plates off, i tried holding the bar in one hand and a pair of 10lb plates in the other, but by that point i just couldn't tell . . . in the big scheme of things i know that it doesn't matter, of course. yesterday's workout is over and in the books, anyway. but next time it's definitely going to be 100!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,276 Member
    Options
    Aaawwwww sheeeeeeeet, tonight is the big triple digits for me as well. 105lbs. *cracks knuckles*
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Aaawwwww sheeeeeeeet, tonight is the big triple digits for me as well. 105lbs. *cracks knuckles*

check YOU out. ms i'm-a-mush-bucket-scared-of-my-first-training-session from just a few weeks ago.

that's terrific, way to go! i did 110 today, so i feel like that milestone has definitely been hit.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    What if I have to make a horrible sound or my not-so-sexy face to do it though? :sad: :sad: :tongue:

Word on the 110 btw. I pussed out a few times and only upped by 5...
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    And I'm still way mush, there's just this weird harder stuff underneath now. Unfortunately not as perverted as it sounds, but I'm still totally diggin' it. :smile:
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    And I'm still way mush, there's just this weird harder stuff underneath now. Unfortunately not as perverted as it sounds, but I'm still totally diggin' it. :smile:

iron hand in a velvet glove. yup.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    Ha!

Unfortunately it's still more of a boxing glove instead of a nice sleek driving glove.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    Ha!

Unfortunately it's still more of a boxing glove instead of a nice sleek driving glove.

nvm, pretty soon you'll be an iron hand in a chain-mail glove.
  • PurringMyrrh
    Options
    The deadlifts went super ace. Will definitely be able to increase next time.

The OHPs however, I had to curse like a sailor (nothing new there) to get it up.9B9.jpg?7852