Pregnant again!

Options
carolina_r
carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
Hi Ladies -

Has anyone in the group found themselves pregnant again?

Thanks to MFP, I was able to return to my pre-pregnancy weight after my first baby. I swore I would not let myself gain 40lbs if I ever got pregnant again...but here I am, just getting into the second trimester, and my weight gain is on track for another 40 pounder...

Morning sickness (and the craving for carbs to fill the void and stave off the nausea) have catapulted me into an upward spiral of weight gain, and I am back on MFP to try to slow it down.

If you are in the same boat (pregnant again, trying to keep the weight gain moderate), I'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• brittneynguidry
    brittneynguidry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and I'm breastfeeding but I'm taking a test to check if I am pregnant because I have been having dreams I am and I'm curious. Lol I kinda hope I'm not since I'm trying to lose all my baby weight still but If I am I will feel super blessed and thankful!
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and I'm breastfeeding but I'm taking a test to check if I am pregnant because I have been having dreams I am and I'm curious. Lol I kinda hope I'm not since I'm trying to lose all my baby weight still but If I am I will feel super blessed and thankful!

OMG! I have taken like 3 tests this last week. I am 3 months pp on Saturday and breastfeeding, but I keep having dreams and now symptoms. I thought I was crazy! Glad to know I'm not alone! Also edited to add: They have been negative.

To the original Poster:
    I gained a good amount quickly with my last pregnancy and worried I was going to gain 46 lbs again (like I did with my second). MFP helped me keep on track. It is doable! I'm short so Ithink I kept my calories set to about 1800-1900. I ended up gaining 22 lbs this last time around.

Edited to add: Have you checked out Fit, Fabulous and Pregnant group? It was very helpful to me.
  • carolina_r
    Options
    Thanks spunkychelsea! Good to hear...I will check out that group :)
  • carolina_r
    Options

I hope it works out!
  • meghanvest
    Options
    Yep, my second boy just turned five months old and I found out last week that I'm 6/7 weeks! I managed to lose all of my pregnancy weight except the last two pounds.