Back and ready to focus again

Options
kaliya89
kaliya89 Posts: 61 Member
Hey everyone!

It's been over a month since I was on here. The first two weeks of July, my boyfriend was out of town, and I was supposed to use that time to go on a cleanse and get back on track. Instead, I went crazy with no one around to watch me. I got fast food. I ate too much. I went on maybe one or two walks the entire time.

Then he came back, and we had to immediately drive 10 hours up to Virginia for a couple of job interviews. Well, he did, and I went with him. We didn't eat well on the way up at all. He was interviewing with one principal (he's a high school Latin teacher), and he mentioned how I'm certified to teach English, and the principal asked to interview me the next day. We ended up both being offered jobs that day.

So the last month has basically been a mad dash to find an apartment 10 hours away. We had to pack. We had to buy furniture, since this is our first time moving out on our own. I had to deal with the sadness of leaving my parents and sister and the stress of moving halfway up the east coast and starting a new job (this will be my first year teaching!).

Long story short (too late, I know!), the last month has been crazy, and I've been eating horribly. I weighed myself this morning (went out and got a scale our first trip to Walmart!), and I've gained back everything I had lost. I'm currently 298.8, which is my second highest weight ever. I'm not happy about that at all.

But now I'm ready to start getting better. Our kitchen is the only room in the apartment that's actually out of boxes, and we're going to go shopping for healthy food in a few minutes. I have one week of healthy and easy meals planned. I have 24 hour access to the apartment's gym, which is pretty nice. I knew I wouldn't start eating better the second we arrived in a new city, but we've had a few days to get adjusted, and now I'm ready to start tracking and eating better again!

~Kali in VA

Replies

• PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Kali. I'm sorry to hear about your bad month, but happy that it didn't cause you to abandon trying.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Congrats on your new job how exciting to both get a job! And good for you for getting back into it now :)
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great fresh start for you both. The beginning of the new you. Keep us updated :)
  • scubasuenc
    scubasuenc Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!

You have a great opportunity to establish new habits and healthier routines in your new location.