Blisters on my arch

Options
kjarvo
kjarvo Posts: 235 Member
I keep getting blisters on my arch after about 4k running. I have a few pairs of twin skin socks and they do help, but I think it is my trainers. I think they are too narrow for my feet, which aren't particularly wide. They are standard Nike running trainers that are moulded at the arch. I don't have flat feet, but they aren't particularly high (based on other people in ballet but I don't know how it compares to runners).

However, the blisters keep occurring on the inside of my arch. My feet do look like they bulge a little over the shoe, but this is only from trying to figure out the problem and I wouldn't have said it was a problem otherwise as I wear them for zumba fine. I do occasionally get pain in my arch if I tie them too tight, which I also get from climbing shoes.

On the other hand, I bought some £5 trainers to try out because they were so cheap, which I leave at my parents house. I have worn them a few times now and took them on holiday for running. I didn't get any blisters from these trainers, but they aren't running trainers. The insole is completely flat inside. Is it okay to wear flat insoles or do I *need* is arch support? as that is what is always recommended for people with low arches.

The trainers would be fine, but I am not sure if the sole is supportive enough, I can press it in as it is quite soft and spongy.

They are these

53584d2f73345.jpg

$_57.JPG

Or should I just bite the bullet and get some new ones fitted in a running shop? I begrudge spending £80 if the same thing will happen.

Replies

• LisaO85
    LisaO85 Posts: 152
    Options
    I would go to a running store and get fitted for the shoes that are right for you. I have pretty flat feet also but I overpronate so I wear a stability shoe.

If money is an issue you can always tell them you need to think about it and see if you can find the shoes they put you in online. Just a word of caution though. Most running stores will let you return shoes within 60 days if they do not work for you, where online you usually do not have that option. It usually takes a few runs to figure out if that particular pair of shoes is going to work for you.

Good luck
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Not only can you get nasty blisters, but running in the wrong shoes can tear up your feet AND your knees, ankles, etc. I would definitely get fitted somewhere. I got fitted and it has done wonders. I now buy shoes online.... I just search for sales on the previous years' models and can get them for half of what the brand new shoes cost.

Good shoes make such a huge difference!