Worst MMO you ever played

Options
TheArchyBunker
TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
Title says it all! What is the WORST MMO you ever played and why?

For me it was WOW. Too linear not enough sandbox effect to it. I started on Ultima Online in 1997 though so having total freedom was a big thing and still is.

Replies

• marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    SWTOR, mainly because it had such potential and it was such a let down. I'm still not over it. :brokenheart:
  • RunDoozer
    RunDoozer Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    SWTOR
  • TheArchyBunker
    TheArchyBunker Posts: 1,967 Member
    Options
    I try not to talk about SWTOR - I regret buying the collectors edition on pre-order.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    World of Warcraft, though I have to admit it's not necessarily because it was bad, more that it was a very far cry from what I was expecting. You have to bear in mind my only prior MMO experience was Ultima Online, so I was expecting something much more sandbox-ish in terms of open world PvP and character development.
  • haildodger
    haildodger Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My worst was FFXIV; the original. It was a huge disappointment on every level. Which was tough because I played FFXI for 10+years, and loved it.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I try not to talk about SWTOR - I regret buying the collectors edition on pre-order.
    r.i.p $60 i'll never get back. :sick:
  • kmarshalljansen
    kmarshalljansen Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    By far the worst MMO I ever played was Mu Online. If you think that WoW or SWTOR is the worst MMO you've ever played, then you've luckily stayed away from the actual bad ones :)
  • opus649
    opus649 Posts: 633 Member
    Options

A statue of Darth Malgus taunts me from the shelf....
  • adamtall
    adamtall Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    By far the worst MMO I ever played was Mu Online. If you think that WoW or SWTOR is the worst MMO you've ever played, then you've luckily stayed away from the actual bad ones :)

yes this by far. wow and swtor get alot of hate because they are popular and not up to everyones standard but seriously branch out and you will find some truely epic failures of MMOs
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I really enjoyed leveling in SWTOR, but end game was a big disappointment. My least favorite MMO has been TESO, I thought I would love it and even went back a month ago to give it another chance thinking I must have missed something...but no, nothing. It's hard to pinpoint what was wrong with the game exactly, it just didn't feel right....

btw, leveling my sith warrior and jedi knight in SWTOR was probably the best MMO experience I had...the game had a lot of promise.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    Yeah I didn't have that big of a problem with swotr either. As others have said, I too thought the leveling was fun but the end game disappointing.

I feel a little betrayed by Wild Star to be honest. There's lots of fun things about it, but the crafting and economy just pisses me off.

As to the worst MMO, that title goes to Aion. Without going into detail, I'll just say that the playstyle wasn't my thing.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Has anyone here ever heard of Horizons?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My worst was FFXIV; the original. It was a huge disappointment on every level. Which was tough because I played FFXI for 10+years, and loved it.
    Loved FFXI. Played it for years though had to quit. It was one of many reasons that contributed to being nearly 500 lbs for most of my 20's.

For me, the worst MMO was the original Everquest. I got a email from Sony inviting to download and install the game for 1 month free trial. It was my first MMO I ever played. I had no clue what I was doing. Took me over 2 hr to figure out how to get out of the starting town and when I finally did, I followed some people that were killing stuff. I joined them in the killing only to GET YELLED AT IN CAPS!!! :laugh: I said screw it and uninstalled it.
  • yellowlemoned
    yellowlemoned Posts: 335 Member
    Options

You and me both. I played FFXI from just after US launch until about a year or so ago. I was so excited when FFXIV came out that I bought the collectors edition. It was AWFUL. It took months and months of persuading from my friends to try the beta when it relaunched because I had no hopes of it being salvageable. I have to admit, while it's not like FFXI it was fun enough that I reactivated my account.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Loved FFXI. Played it for years though had to quit. It was one of many reasons that contributed to being nearly 500 lbs for most of my 20's.

For me, the worst MMO was the original Everquest. I got a email from Sony inviting to download and install the game for 1 month free trial. It was my first MMO I ever played. I had no clue what I was doing. Took me over 2 hr to figure out how to get out of the starting town and when I finally did, I followed some people that were killing stuff. I joined them in the killing only to GET YELLED AT IN CAPS!!! :laugh: I said screw it and uninstalled it.

I agree about Everquest, it's been so long I pretty much forgot about it. I hated it actually...EQ2 was pretty fun though.
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I actually loved SWTOR. I still return to it sometimes. The story line while leveling for each class was epic. I wanted to experience them all! I've never been much of an end gamer myself...I actually like the leveling and exploring around.

My least favorite MMO was Guildwars. I didn't like how they handled the quests...I wasn't drawn into the story line (huge for me)...it just sucked for me.
  • Kisuke30
    Kisuke30 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    flyff. "fly for fun". lol
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    Has anyone here ever heard of Horizons?

Yep, that one's on my short list as well. Another one that had a lot of potential that the developers could never quite realize or capitalize on.