Toning abs?

Options
kwb87
kwb87 Posts: 70 Member
Hi, I'm new to lifting and started out just as a way to try and keep my chest firm (I'm an F cup) but since realised that lifting may not actually do much for keeping the breasts in shape anyway. I like lifting though and currently do bench presses and chest presses plus incorporate a 3kg(6.6lb) weight into my crunches (rowing, Russian twists, side plank).

I carry a bit of extra fat around my middle and I'm doing cardio to work on the fat loss, I love running and this is my main cardio. I'm just wondering what lifts are best to tone the abs or general core area?

Thanks a lot.

K x

Replies

• Wiscanny
    Options
    Hello! I'm new here but have been lifting for quite some time. I have a fuller bust as well, and although I am not as big as you, I will say that chest exercises do help keep them perky and "in place".

I don't train my abs a whole lot since I lift heavy and my core is getting a nice workout by supporting said lifts. I tend to do some conditioning at the end of my lifts that involve tabata abs of some variation. I like to do a few rounds of varying planks, frog-leg sit-ups, back extensions, 6 inch holds, etc. 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest... continue for at least 5 rounds- but I like to just go until I can't anymore.

Hope this helps!
  • okulyd
    okulyd Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm doing crossfit so there are lots of varied movements but over the past 6 months I have found that my abs have gotten toned for the first time in my life.

I think the exercises that helped the most with my abs are pushups (make sure you do them with a tight core and keep elbows in) and also L hangs and L sits. I do the L hands by holding a pull up bar and brining the legs into a pike position. Also with rings hold the rings with your hands at your sides (as opposed to above your head) then lift your legs. This is super difficult and requires all of your core. The first time I did it was I shaking so bad but after a few weeks of practice I got steadier and my abs got stronger. If you don't have rings just try the L sit using 2 chairs. Put your arms on the chairs and lift your legs.
  • IronLizerd
    IronLizerd Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm also trying to tone up by lifting.
    I mainly want to tone my arms and abs and thighs...errr so I guess everywhere.
    I appreciate tips and suggestions and feel free to add me!!