How do you hit your step goal in bad weather?

Options
Just looking for some tips of how you meet your step goal in bad weather? Do you just walk on the spot at home? Or are there some better ways? :smile:

Replies

• strawmama
    strawmama Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Two words: Leslie Sansone.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Indoor mall?
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Wear a rain jacket.
  • doctorregenerated
    doctorregenerated Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    treadmill at gym
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    treadmill at gym

This, but mine also mostly comes from my job
  • Asheea
    Asheea Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Treadmill. DH and I walk outside but when bad weather hit or time change, gets dark at 5 pm, we were stuck. We have two young kids so walking at night and in the chilly/cold weather was not working. We bought a treadmill so we could walk no matter what the weather was doing outside. I use the heck out of it! I walk on it at least 3x's a day in addition to walking with DH after dinner.
  • CKMillson
    CKMillson Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Lots of good tips here. I do Housework, vacuuming, dusting, sweeping all seem to add up for me and i get a clean house, bonus! I iive in a cold climate so we have a solid 6 months of winter. I do Leslie Sansome often, she is a lovely lady, I also have other DVDs that I do including Jullian Michaels. I plan for bad weather. I have a good raincoat, winter gear etc. I feel best when I can get outside. Oh ya I also have a dog that doesn't care about the weather, he needs walks 3X a day at least!
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Treadmill
    Dress for the weather and tough it out outside.
    Find somewhere indoors to walk (indoor track, mall).
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,867 Member
    Options
    Search for Leslie Sansone on youtube. She does lots of walking videos for free. You can walk anywhere from 1 to 5 miles and you need very little room to do it. Also Jessica Smith does similar walking. Take a look and if you decide to do it then join the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home group on MFP. It gives you encouragement to walk.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Wear a rain jacket.

This. I also have underground parking and five times around is a mile so I walk that if the weather is dangerous to be out in.
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I got out in a rain jacket. As my walking says 'No such thing as bad weather only bad clothing for the weather'.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Wear a rain jacket.

This. I also have underground parking and five times around is a mile so I walk that if the weather is dangerous to be out in.
    I love this idea. Totally going to do this in the middle of winter.

Generally though I suck it up and go outside, I have a big dog so there's no much choice. :)