Week 2

Options
Congratulations to Littlechinagail. She came out of the gate swinging for the fences. She leads with a weight loss percentage of 2.97%. Good job!!! :happy:

I've added a new tab to the spreadsheet called Leaderboard so you can see where you rank. Good luck in Week 2 everyone.

Replies

• YF92
    YF92 Posts: 2,893 Member
    Options
    Congrats littlechina

Expecting some good stuff this week
  • MegzWord
    Options
    Need some motivation, friends! Have been asking people at work for tips/encouragement and if one more person blames my inability to lose weight on "pregnancy hormones" (I had a baby 5 months ago), I am going to scream! Any doctor would tell you to lose the weight as quickly (and healthily) as possible. Other than the 2 pounds lost just before this challenge started, I have been stuck since May 19th! That is with 1,000 calorie-burn workouts 3+ times per week since July 1 and counting calories using this app for nearly a month. If I saw even 1 pound come off weekly, I would be happy, but 2 pounds in three months is ridiculous!

Losing my motivation since nothing is happening on the scale! Ideas/suggestions for getting over a plateau?!?!
  • tyrannosarausREX
    Options
    If it makes you feel better I've gained weight! :( Maybe it's just muscle but I am frustrated as well. I've been calorie counting for 100 days already and nothing! I have lost 4 pounds this year but gained 5. Just keep at it. and remember. It's not the number on the scale that matters it's how healthy you are.

:)
  • Cbanjo
    Cbanjo Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Need some motivation, friends! Have been asking people at work for tips/encouragement and if one more person blames my inability to lose weight on "pregnancy hormones" (I had a baby 5 months ago), I am going to scream! Any doctor would tell you to lose the weight as quickly (and healthily) as possible. Other than the 2 pounds lost just before this challenge started, I have been stuck since May 19th! That is with 1,000 calorie-burn workouts 3+ times per week since July 1 and counting calories using this app for nearly a month. If I saw even 1 pound come off weekly, I would be happy, but 2 pounds in three months is ridiculous!

Losing my motivation since nothing is happening on the scale! Ideas/suggestions for getting over a plateau?!?!

Have you tried weight or strength training? Muscles burns fat faster according to experts.
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    Congratulations to Littlechinagail. She came out of the gate swinging for the fences. She leads with a weight loss percentage of 2.97%. Good job!!! :happy:

I've added a new tab to the spreadsheet called Leaderboard so you can see where you rank. Good luck in Week 2 everyone.

A big well done to our winner, Littlechinagail. :flowerforyou:
  • Cbanjo
    Options
    Please correct me if l am wrong, week 2 weigh in is for next Monday, 25th of August right?
  • MegzWord
    Options
    I haven't been doing too much with weights but did dig out my kettlebell and looked up some exercises I can do at home. I joined a boxing gym so other than free weights and a treadmill, they are limited in the equipment department. Will try to focus on adding weights the next couple of weeks to see if any difference. Thanks!
  • MegzWord
    Options
    Please correct me if l am wrong, week 2 weigh in is for next Monday, 25th of August right?

I believe week 2 weigh in was for yesterday.
  • Cbanjo
    Options

I believe week 2 weigh in was for yesterday.

That shouldn't be right because we started last week Monday, and this Monday, the 18th should be our first weigh-in which is what the spreadsheet is showing.

Thanks for the information though.

Have you tried any of Jillian Michaels workout dvds? She does strength training with weights in all her workouts, You can also check out Chalean Extreme workout videos, it is a good weight training video which is also good for women.
  • tyrannosarausREX
    Options
    Well my week 2 is going pretty alright. I've been on track with my eating and workouts. Been done a lot of weight training lately. Trying to tone up and build muscle more than lose weight. Probably why I haven't been losing much weight at all.

Stressful week for me this week. Trying to find a new place to rent and get the hell out of the place I live now. Trying to find a better job to make more money. Have an interview to be a manager at a gym next week. Can't wait!

Hope it's going great for everyone this week. Keep up the good work!
  • tatowndoc
    tatowndoc Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I won't typically report what I do for activity or fitness, since it probably won't be much! But my wife and I have a tandem bike and we rode 27 miles today. For an old guy, that's not too bad! :-)
  • Onoiam50
    Onoiam50 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I won't typically report what I do for activity or fitness, since it probably won't be much! But my wife and I have a tandem bike and we rode 27 miles today. For an old guy, that's not too bad! :-)

Awesome job
  • Cbanjo
    Options

Wow that's great, well done to both of you.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Are you nursing? I think that played a role for me. Be sure to drink a lot of water and maybe increasing protein. Oops, I should have quoted Megzword