Oh I'd never again...

Options
Joannah700
Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
This is kinda a quiet group so I thought I'd try to get the conversation going.

What won't you do/or put up with in your next relationship?

I'd never again...

date a pessimist

Replies

• bananafannah
    bananafannah Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'd never again.. date someone who didn't appreciate my sense of humor. It's witty and completely genious at a moments notice.
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    date someone with a mental health issue

Seems mean to say that, but my last two relationships were with a guy that was obsessive, compulsive, high anxiety and paranoia and a guy with borderline personality. I just can't do it anymore, it didn`t turned out well in either relationships. I believe in the best of people, but I can`t give no more on that side. Verbal abuse, dealing with their crisis (paranoia attacks being the worst) and always being the bad person because I don`t want to follow their crazy ideas.

And that's why i`m still single after 1.5 year, I needed a break.
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

Seems mean to say that, but my last two relationships were with a guy that was obsessive, compulsive, high anxiety and paranoia and a guy with borderline personality. I just can't do it anymore, it didn`t turned out well in either relationships. I believe in the best of people, but I can`t give no more on that side. Verbal abuse, dealing with their crisis (paranoia attacks being the worst) and always being the bad person because I don`t want to follow their crazy ideas.

This.

Single 3 1/2 years. Last one was insane...not even saying that lightly. And after I left him he even tried to commit suicide thinking it would make me come running back.

I was so beaten down and broken by the time we were done. Long road back. This is my new journey...path least taken in the past...back to me.
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Be someone that I'm not. I like who I am. I'm a perfectly flawed man with a rapier wit and lust for living. I will travel the world and do the things that make ME happy. I dedicated 21 years to my children. I wouldn't allow them to be raised with an every-other-weekend dad. And, to that end, I tolerated emotional and verbal abuse. I lived with a narcissistic sociopath. Finally, I'm breaking free. My babies are grown. My job is done. It's time for me to be me. Not saying I won't make sacrifices. For the ones I truly love, there's nothing I won't give/do. But I won't give and give and give and get nothing but misery in return.

Sorry for the rant
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options

This.

Single 3 1/2 years. Last one was insane...not even saying that lightly. And after I left him he even tried to commit suicide thinking it would make me come running back.

I was so beaten down and broken by the time we were done. Long road back. This is my new journey...path least taken in the past...back to me.

I know how you feel :flowerforyou:
  • scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    be with someone that is so unemotional and boring. how the heck did that happen? lol!!!
  • curvytattooedprincess
    Options
    Date someone who's indecisive or smokes
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Be with someone who can't go 24 hours without being around me. Space much?
  • odywithaj
    odywithaj Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Be someone that I'm not. I like who I am. I'm a perfectly flawed man with a rapier wit and lust for living. I will travel the world and do the things that make ME happy. I dedicated 21 years to my children. I wouldn't allow them to be raised with an every-other-weekend dad. And, to that end, I tolerated emotional and verbal abuse. I lived with a narcissistic sociopath. Finally, I'm breaking free. My babies are grown. My job is done. It's time for me to be me. Not saying I won't make sacrifices. For the ones I truly love, there's nothing I won't give/do. But I won't give and give and give and get nothing but misery in return.
    the important pert of this is do things that make you happy !!

For me too. I just want to be happy, and being happy means having someone i can share things with.. not being their mama or their banker, but just being me and getting to share life with someone else :)
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options

Sorry for the rant

You're me in a man's body!!! OMG! Except he also had the physical abuse & I stayed 22 years.

Glad you're FRRREEEEEE!!!!
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I'd never again change or suppress myself for someone else. I won't put up with abusive tendencies, physical, emotional, or mental. I'm going to be ME - flaws and all - if a man can't accept that, then he's not "the one". I've been single for 2.5 years now and I'm loving finding the "real" Bethany! She's an AMAZING person!!! Some guy is going to be a very lucky person!!!
  • imilan
    Options
    I'd never again tone down my passion for things, my personality or sense of humor in order to become a more vanilla kind of person to make them happy. I am a caramel all the way lol
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Be with someone who isn't financially independent. Not to say all money matters have to always remain seperate, but I will never again be nothing more than a breathing atm for anyone.
  • Sabs2009
    Sabs2009 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Never date again:
    -someone who sucks at communicating when apart
    -someone who doesn't make time for me/us