Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Promises

Something amazing happened to me yesterday and I would like to share it with you all. My monthly visit as scheduled with Dr. Nguyen to check my progress, look at my previous surgery site, weigh-in, get my insurance approval and was hopefully going to set my surgery date. I woke up with this terrible since of dread and thought, this is going to be the day I am told “NO, unfortunately insurance will not cover your surgery and we wish you the best of luck.”
I had spent the night at my friend Natalie’s house and when she came in from work I asked her if it was raining and she said no. I walked outside with my suitcase in hand and as I am walking down the hill to my car, the sun stopped shining and it immediately started falling a flood. I thought to myself, I knew this was going to happen, just another sign of my being told no. I carefully drove down Thompson Bridge road towards my surgeon’s office and started singing, I will praise you in this storm. As I started to cross over the bridge, the rain stopped and I looked over to my right and there was a big, beautiful, rainbow! I couldn’t help but smile because I love rainbows, at that moment it didn’t occur to me that it was a sign for me.
My appointment went well but I didn’t get the answers that I wanted. I was excited to have lost another six pounds and Dr. Nguyen was happy with me and said he was “itching” to do my surgery. Insurance was holding the key to my future with their decision. Unfortunately while I was at the office, I didn’t get an approval nor did I get a surgery date and to top it off I got an appointment for another month to check my progress. I was a bit disappointed to say the least.
Walking out of the office to my car, the sun was shining and I just felt peace although I was disappointed. I got to my car and there was a perfect little butterfly sitting on my car (another sign for me). I opened the car door and sat quietly for a few minutes and prayed. My answer was, “make the call”. So, I drove out of the parking lot and went to the hospital where I work and sat in the conference room on my unit alone and called the insurance company. After a few minutes of waiting, I was told…”Congratulations Ms. Hughes, you have been conditionally approved for your surgery and if you would like I will give you the authorization number and you can call your surgeon and set up the date. We wish you the best of luck on your procedure. “ I hung up the phone shaking and realized I was no longer alone. Within a matter of seconds, two of my best friends and co-workers, my unit manager, my charge nurse, the cardiology director, several of my nurse friends and a couple of doctors were by my side, giving me words of wisdom and support.
I could not have asked for a better day or an experience. When I am a doubting Thomas, the Lord shows me His scars and makes me a believer. On the drive home I realized that all the events of the morning were all signs for me. From waking up with doubt, to having a storm suddenly rush upon me, to the rainbow, the butterfly and finally the group of men and women that were there in my moment of excitement to support me. I know that every single moment was orchestrated by God’s own hand.
The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever. When I send clouds over the earth, and a rainbow appears in the sky, I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures.
Genesis 9: 12-15

Replies