First step in process and answers made

Hildabean
Hildabean Posts: 71 Member
Well, had a EGD done yesterday. This is the 4th one I have had in my lifetime for my stomach. Done by 3 different Dr's. the first 2 Dr's says they saw nothing wrong and I have GERD from being over weight (the first one I had done I was not overweight) Now I went to a weight loss Dr and he wanted to do another one so he can see if I am a candidate for VSG and I said ok. Well he found over 100 polyps (caused by taking antacids for the GERD) and that I have a Hiatal Hernia (which can get fixed when I have WLS). FiNALLY an answer to by problem...only took 20yrs to figure it out. gezz

Replies

• katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Sorry for the delay, but now you are on the right track. Discovery is the first step to recovery :)
  • ATXHeather
    ATXHeather Posts: 218 Member
    It's nice to have answers! I'm glad the problem won't interfere with your surgery and they'll be able to help the hernia too!
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    They threw in a hiatal hernia repair for me too.
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    You must be very relieved to finally get to the root of the issue. So glad the Dr. ordered the test and that they will able to repair your hernia during surgery. It's great for you to finally have the answer of what has been bothering you so much over the years. :smile:
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    They treated me 10 years for asthma. When they did my pre-op EGD found a hiatial hernia and evidence of GERD. Called it "silent reflux" as I never had heartburn, only chronic night time coughing. Fixed the hernia whe they did my sleeve and put me on 40mg 2x day of PPI. No more coughing! Hope they get yours resloved as well!