It worked!!

Options
mamaboys3
mamaboys3 Posts: 29 Member
I have only recently been trying to log my calories as accurately as possible and to keep them under what FitBit says I burned -- calories in vs calories out. For the first time ever, I completed an entire week on MFP. The difference between my calories in and overall TDEE for the week was 1769. And guess what: I lost .4 pounds that week. Although 1769 is roughly about 1/2 pound and I loss a little less than 1/2 pound, I finally have "proof" that basic math works when it comes to weight loss!

I know this is obvious to most people, but it was an "aha" moment for me! And it helped convince me that FitBit is pretty darn good at estimating TDEE. Now I'm motivated to continue logging and comparing cal in/cal out and change in weight.

Replies

• skinny4me2be
    skinny4me2be Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    For me too!!! I am giving myself this month to follow what my fitbit says. Its been two weeks. I have MFP set to lose half a pound a week. I've been following fitbit eating back any calories burned (I leave 50-75 on the table for just in cases in case my accuracy is off-but trying to log as accurately as possible) and I've lost just that .5 per week so far. So excited! Congrats to you!!
  • Kimsied
    Kimsied Posts: 232
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!