Is Everyone on Vacation??

Options
janet41283
janet41283 Posts: 217 Member
It is so quiet here, I am assuming everyone is on vacation or something. Hope you are all doing well! I have 2 more weeks of vacation and then it is back to work! I can't wait. Enough free time. I have not been doing that well with my diet, though. I guess I need routine. I came back from Mexico and went right back to my program, did really well for a few days, then yesterday I messed up. Not good. I need to be stronger. We are having houseguests next week for 6 days and I will definitely have to be aware of what I'm eating. We will be eating out, as well as hosting a lot of dinners, etc. I will do it!!! If you are around, jump on here and say hello!!

Replies

• djcangel
    djcangel Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Hey Jan, it has been very quiet around here, most of the group has gone back to work. I still check in everyday, but have had a set back and had to get back in to routine...I found it an unreality that it happened so fast. I thought I was in control, and I had been, but how easy I slid over the first time opportunity offered to drive. I guess I'm still in shock. Concentrating on getting back to my schedule. It isn't easy I know, I wish you all the best and look forward to all of us hanging in there for the tough times, and laughing together when we get past them.
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Good morning, ladies! I'm on the website this morning, and came to check in. You are both doing well. I wish I could find something I read here awhile back to share with you about going off track. Basically, it said that especially one day will not have a significant impact. Given that a pound up or down is about 3500 calories +/- from the amount you'd need to maintain your weight, it's unlikely that even one day of being inattentive to your intake would be that much. For me, I find that continuing to log on and connect with others has been really helpful, even when I haven't been eating at the deficit. You will find what works for you in the long term. One thing I've found is that if I'm avoiding the scales, I'm probably in trouble. I'm a daily weigher. It works for me because it makes me pay attention (and I don't worry about the fluctuations, just the trend).
    Have a great day. I'm about to dive into the tomatoes and peppers and cook up a batch of spicy salsa to can. It's so nice in the dead of winter to have that bottled sunshine!
  • DarrylsGinger
    DarrylsGinger Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hey kids! I'm here!

It must be something in the air.. I had KFC yesterday and within the past week Sonic once and Pizza Hut once too ( or within the past two weeks anyway.) I even took 2 days off of exercising with my videos. I admit to being a little tired and my once ultra-compulsive attitude to lose weight fast has quieted down a bit. But I got on the scales this morning and saw I had gained a pound without the massive guilt and hysteria it would have caused a month ago. Instead I just looked at it as normal fluctuations on a long journey to healthy living. And even a pound heavier (for the moment) I feel at peace with what I'm doing as a whole. Individual moments of "splurging" don't need to get us down on ourselves. Not even sure why we should have to highlight them as "bad". They are part of real life and even real "healthy" life. So chins up, my friends. We're doing the right thing. *hugs*

Sandy