Healthy Date Nights

Hello everyone!

One of the issues that I know I face as a poly person, is that I go out on a lot of dates.

It's my monthly one-on-one with my one sweetie, is it really that big of a deal to have popcorn and candy at the movie with him? After all, it's "only" once a month.

And then I go out with a different sweetie, and she wants to have a picnic with burgers and potato salad and a special dessert she made just for us. Well, now, this is special too...and it's okay.

It's a date with a new interest, and we're at a drafthouse sipping some local brew. It was be weird/rude to drink water while my interest has a pint. It pretty much kills the mood. And one or two drinks won't derail me that much, will it?

It all adds up.

So...what are ya'lls favorite "Healthy Date Night" ideas? How do you enjoy the feeling of each of these dates is a "special occasion" while keeping to your health goals?

Replies

• siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    i think my situation is a little different...i have a partner and neither of us are involved with anyone else currently. So while there are dates, there aren't as many. However, lots of "special occasions" do come up...birthdays, holidays, monthly date celebrations, anniversaries etc.

Oh and on top of that....my partner's diet is vastly different than mine. So while I do indulge now and again in a meal we either prepare together and enjoy, or go out for dinner, the key for me is to plan ahead. I can easily fit in a slice of pizza or a candy bar into my daily stats but I don't want to fall into the habit of doing it every day.

Sometimes it does come down to me having water while she has a beer and being able to not feel guilty about my decisions.
    It's hard though! I want us to both have a good time and it's often a balancing act between letting myself enjoy the evening and still keeping focused on my overall goal.

Lately our dates have been going for a walk while having coffee ....or substituting buttered popcorn at home while watching a movie with fresh grapes or pineapple. All of the little stuff adds up and in my weird mind, it makes me feel better on the nights where i go out to a movie and get popcorn...and pretzel bites....or I have that half a pizza lol.