Disappointed she didn't ask if their name was Lannister

Options
rml_16
rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
From Dear Prudence:

Q. Is It OK for My 8-Year-Old Boy/Girl Twins to Sleep Together?: My 8-year-old twins sometimes sleep together at night. They each have their own bedroom, but sometimes one will go into the other one’s room at some point and crawl into bed with the other. I have tried to explore with them the reason (are you afraid/is something wrong/do you feel OK?). They say everything is fine and neither can verbalize a reason why they do this. I am thrilled that my kids get along as well as they do, and I am not concerned that they are doing anything inappropriate. But I wonder if this is something that my wife and I should discourage, or just let them be. I hate to make what is a positive behavior seem like anything but.

A: I once saw a delightful documentary about twins that showed how a pair of 3-year-olds liked to play by getting on either side of a curtain and pressing on each other—exactly mimicking how they “played” in the womb! What you describe sounds sweet and innocent. In a few years your kids will be hitting the outer edges of puberty and will be more self-conscious about their bodies. But since you don’t have any concerns now, just let this pair drift off while remember those happy days afloat next to each other.

Replies