Group check-in...how's everyone doing?

Options
andielyn
andielyn Posts: 233 Member
Hi weight loss buddies!

How's everyone doing this week? I've done pretty well--I've tracked every day although some meals were hard to accurately track. I got a Fitbit on Wednesday and still learning how to use it in the best way. My HRM is a Polar F4 and about 10 years old and dying. My hubby replaced it with a Fitbit Flex. From what I'm seeing though the Fitbit is more of an overall tracker whereas the HRM is better for things I do like cycling and the elliptical. So I guess I'll have to get a new HRM somewhere down the line, too.

My weight has been stagnant despite sticking pretty closely to my plan the last couple of weeks. A little disappointing but I don't get to caught up in the scale. My motivation level has been pretty good overall.

Looks like I'll be going on vacation late October. Yay! :)

So what's up with the rest of you weight loss buddies?

Replies

• FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Wish I could say I've lost something. But I ate a bit too much junk. (Or generally just too much.)

I've been thinking perhaps I should formulate my own "diet".

Okay let's call it an eating pattern instead.

It goes like this...

Breakfast - any breakfast cereal or porridge. (oats, granola, muesli, all bran ect)

snack - coffee/tea/water (you get the idea)

Lunch - a meal. using a 10" plate, half will be filled with vegetables and the other half devided by carbs and protein

snack - either coffee/tea/water again, or a serving of dairy (yoghurt, cheese), or a half cup serving of any dessert.

Dinner - 3 servings of fruit, one serving being about a cup (visualized)

This is just to have some structure. Let's be honest it'll be hard to overeat if I follow it. :smile:
  • maddyk91
    maddyk91 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Hey group!! :)

I lost about 6lbs I think since the last time I posted. Every five or so pounds I hit a week where I lose only about .5 of a pound. So that's this week. /sigh.

Still, I am feeling so great about myself--I feel like I have started to strut around when I walk!! :laugh:

I have managed to log everything religiously for about a month now, too, as well as exercising 3+ times a week! (keep in mind, when I started, I literally led a sedentary lifestyle). This week, I have exercised every day--but today is a down day. Calves are killin' me.

Keep up the good work you guys!! :)
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Well done, everyone!

I've been a little off my game this week. We moved to a different office, and for some reason, the lion's share of packing/ unpacking, putting away, and organizing falls to me. So I'm exhausted. But I'm going to redo week 6 of my workout schedule since I missed half of it last week. I'm also going to get back to making a meal plan and get back to work!

I switched over to the TDEE method, so hopefully that'll help get the scale moving again.

Have a great week!
  • Dorothyk351
    Dorothyk351 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have lost about 2 lbs since I started but need to eat a little better and exercise more.
  • Dorothyk351
    Options
    I am hanging in there trying to get myself organized with this weight loss thing. Trying to cook a little more and eat less processed food . The processed (fast food) is really convient when working.... So trying to plan ahead!
  • FlowerFairy493
    Options
    Lost 0.7lb so far. In 2 months time. Lol

So yeah. I kinda really need to get my *kitten* into gear and stop eating at maintenance. :bigsmile:

My body seems to WANT to eat to maintenance though. It's making it quite difficult. :ohwell:
  • Dorothyk351
    Options
    Hang in there I think we all go thru that then all of a sudden you start to lose it. Maybe try to eat a few less carbs a few days a week.
  • Dorothyk351
    Options
    Hang in there I think we all go thru that then all of a sudden you start to lose it. Maybe try to eat a few less carbs a few days a week.
  • tansy222
    Options
    I started logging again 2 weeks ago. I lost 6 pounds the first week (I know most of this is water weight) and have lost one pound this week. I must say I am hungry often and it is very hard to stay motivated. I love going out to eat and really have to watch that. It is so nice hearing from others who are in the same boat as I am. Hopefully I actually can loose 2 pounds next week!
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Every workout the past couple weeks has been forced, and the more I have to force myself to do it, the more frustrated I feel and the less I enjoy it... but I still feel good after! I'm going to regroup and shake my routine up a bit and see what happens. I'm thinking I might switch back over to Insanity just for fun. My husband is getting involved in helping me find my groove again-- he's got about 4 plans for different things I can do with all of the workout programs I have.

For me, it's always taken a good fitness program to get the scale moving in the right direction, so hopefully this will do the trick!
  • bhicks014
    bhicks014 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Every workout the past couple weeks has been forced, and the more I have to force myself to do it, the more frustrated I feel and the less I enjoy it... but I still feel good after! I'm going to regroup and shake my routine up a bit and see what happens. I'm thinking I might switch back over to Insanity just for fun. My husband is getting involved in helping me find my groove again-- he's got about 4 plans for different things I can do with all of the workout programs I have.

For me, it's always taken a good fitness program to get the scale moving in the right direction, so hopefully this will do the trick!

You're almost there. You can do it! Fight through the frustration. We all want to see you succeed. :)