Most and least favorite 5x5 exercises?

Options
I dread the overhead press.. mostly because it is the most difficult for me to master. I know this means I need to keep at it ;)

My most favorite is probably the squat

Replies

• willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Most favorite? Deadlifts. Second most favorite? Squats.

Most hated is rows. I don't mind OHP and BP.
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I don't really like squats. I don't know why, other than maybe because it takes so long for me to get through the warmup and then the sets. I think my favorite is the bench because I get to lay down LOL.
  • ketoandbarbell
    ketoandbarbell Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I don't really like squats. I don't know why, other than maybe because it takes so long for me to get through the warmup and then the sets. I think my favorite is the bench because I get to lay down LOL.

I used to dread the squat as well and then i played around with stance till it felt better. I even tweaked it a bit again earlier this week so have my feet a little closer together but feet turned out the same. Feels weird when standing but feels better when in the hole and can feel glutes work more with it.

Fav: umm all of them! I am not good at OHP because of a shoulder issue but i still like it.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    if i could just deadlift all day. yeah, that would be good.

least liked: i find rows difficult in the mechanical sense but i don't hate the way it feels to do them like i do with bench press - which is mechanically easy enough, so go figure. basically it's a tie. i hate them both about equally but for different reasons. i may be pushing too hard with the press and taking it too easy on rows.

squats i'm neutral about. more towards dislike at the moment, mostly because of all the are-my-knees-going-to-hurt stuff. it's not them, it's me ;-)

and overhead press i'm not especially strong at, but i like it. i'll stand around pressing a lighter bar just for the fun of it, put it that way. i've never busted out a couple of extra squats just for fun.

eta: basically, workout a days are my miles-ahead favourites over the workout-b ones. both the lifts i like least in one day is just bleagh, but dl and ohp is a party for me.

this leads me to note that i'm stronger at the straight up-down lifts, and much weaker at the back-front ones. hmm.
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Faves: deadlift and squat

Least faves: bench press :grumble:

I'm neutral about OHP and the barbell row lol
  • bangbangchoochootrain
    Options
    Favorites: Deadlift and Squat, probably because I feel the strongest when I do them lol

Least favorite: Rows and OHP... because I feel so wiped afterwards!
  • Shtallionchick14
    Shtallionchick14 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Least favorite: rows
    Favorite: OHP and bench
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options

I used to dread the squat as well and then i played around with stance till it felt better. I even tweaked it a bit again earlier this week so have my feet a little closer together but feet turned out the same. Feels weird when standing but feels better when in the hole and can feel glutes work more with it.

Fav: umm all of them! I am not good at OHP because of a shoulder issue but i still like it.

I will have to try tweaking my stance. I've tried a bit, but probably need to do a bit more.
  • Llamapants86
    Llamapants86 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I like deadlifts. They are my favorite, hands down.
    I hate rows, hate hate hate them. I always looked forward to workout b.
  • lizafava2
    lizafava2 Posts: 185
    Options
    Favorite: OHP, hands down.
    Least Favorite: Rows. HATE ROWS

I like squats but sometimes it feels like a slog with all the warming up. Deadlifts are OK now that my back is healed. Deadlifs and Rows are my weakest lifts and that I probably why they aren't my fave.
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I have to say, squats have quickly become my least favorite, mainly because I think I injured my right hip flexor.

I really like the deadlifts.
  • Leadfoot_Lewis
    Leadfoot_Lewis Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Love= Deadlifts

Hate= Squats
  • katro111
    katro111 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Favorite of favorites: Squats. I love them! Even if I fail, I still love 'em.

Hate: Pendlay rows.

Best part of doing 5/3/1? NO ROWS! lol
  • symba1130
    symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Favorite - Deadlift (I feel like a badass)

Least - Rows and OHP, still working on form for these and then I hope to enjoy them more.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    It's weird for me...I have evolved a bit lately.

Favorite atm is Bench press...
    least fav is Squat...used to love squat and it's not that I don't like them just eh...they are fine just not my fav.

If I were to order them

Bench
    DL
    OHP/Rows
    Squats
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Least favourite = squats. Makes me feel like the weak, sweaty fatgirl that I am.

Favourite = OHP/bench. Even without large amounts of weight, I still feel like a lifting badas$ when I do them.