New - sharing my idea

Options
dstevens19
dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
Another MFP member recommended carb cycling and I started yesterday. As I'm prepping all my meals for work tomorrow, it occurred to me that I could simply double my breakfast and eat half for meal one and half 3 hours later. Maybe this isn't a revelation to those of you who have been at this a while, but it made my life easier.

I'd love to see this group get more active. Any more carb cyclers out there?

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just joined the group. I think your idea is a good one. Another idea - you could also - refrigerate half for tomorrow's breakfast. I'm trying to prep food to make it easier.

I wish this group was more active also.
  • turbo2116
    Options
    I'm just under one month in on carb cycling. It is getting easier but I could sure use some recipe ideas.
  • dstevens19
    dstevens19 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Recipe ideas-- I love to cook but I'm trying to keep it pretty simple for this first month. I cook a bunch of chicken tenders each weekend and use them for lunches and afternoon snacks during the week. Add some veggies and 1/4 an avocado and it's a good low carb day.

I LOVE lamb chops and a couple small ones with a salad is a terrific dinner.

I'm eating a lot more cottage cheese than I used to and I actually like it. Another snack is plain Greek yogurt with chopped almonds. If you add some orange zest and vanilla it doesn't need sugar. But you could add a small drizzle of agave or honey or a sprinkle of stevia.

I also made sautéed shrimp and peppers and served it with shredded lettuce and pick de gallo for a fajita salad.

Hope this gives you some good ideas.