US Open 2014

Options
MarkC1963
MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
Hoping this is a Slam that Federer can ride out into retirement on. Ana Ivanovic looking motivated at Cincinatti. Perhaps she'll have a run to at least the semifinals. Bryan Brothers having rough year. Hope they regain some traction.

Replies

• Hungry_Annie
    Hungry_Annie Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    This is my favorite Slam!!! I love the night matches, the crowds are so electric!

I'd love to see Roger win. Obviously being Canadian, im pulling for Raonic, not sure its his time yet. But you never know.

On the womens side, im rooting for anyone but Serena lol. Im not a fan. Ivanovic has been doing quite well this year. I also like Halep, I really like her game. And then theres Kvitova, who in my opinion, can beat anyone when she's on. Shes too streaky though.
    My hopeful is Genie though!

ANd go Pospisil/Sock!!! So nice to finally have success in tennis in Canada!!
  • MarkC1963
    MarkC1963 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I tool am a Milos Raonic fan. I especially like him as I understand his ethnic background maybe Ukrainian, which I also am. I really like Halep also. Genie's been on fire and may make it all the way. I love her grit and determination and also that she's from Canada. From 2004-2008, I lived on Lake Ontario in upstate New York and kidded family and friends that my backyard bordered Canada. I have so many great memories of vistis to the Niagara Falls, Toronto and Quebec areas. Love my Canadian neighbors and when our countries Governments get along. The US Government could take some lessons from Canada, in my opinion. :)
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Poor Milos.
    Poor Genie, for that matter.
    Eh. Canada still has it going on. And, those two have a lot of wins in front of them.
    Best match of the tournament, so far: Kyrgios v. Robredo. (But, I have not been watching any of the doubles, so I don't know about that.)
  • Hungry_Annie
    Options
    I'm so pumped for Caroline! I love her!! Its nice to see her popping in some bigger serves and playing with some aggression! Finally!

Too bad for Peng Shuai though! Terrible way to end a match...

Im guessing a Roger/Novak final....I like both, but Go Roger!!
  • Hungry_Annie
    Options
    OMG Roger!!!!!!!!!! What a huge day of upsets!!!

Very exciting to see 2 new faces in the finals though!! Really wanted Roger to win this one though!!
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see new faces in the Finals on the Men's side of things.

Was not happy about Caroline Wozniacki's performance. But the outcome was generally expected.