New workout by Leslie out on 8/28/2014

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
It's Just Walk Mix + Match Walk Blasters. Below is the blurb from the Collage Video website about the dvd.

" Street Date: 08/26/2014

Certified instructor description:

Got 10 minutes? Then you have time to get started on your health goals! If you want to lose weight, increase energy, slim legs, tone arms, trim waistline, manage stress, improve heart health you name it, Fitness Walking can help! And, Leslie's Mini Walk Blasters fit into even the busiest schedule. If you have just 10 minutes some days, 20 minutes other days or sometimes even 30+ minutes a day to exercise, you can choose from the 10 different Mini Walks to create a custom walking session that works for you.

Leslie packed so much into this program! You'll love the NEW ways to WALK... sweat... tone... Kick... punch... even DANCE really! We do it the walkers way.

Mix + Match Minis = MORE benefit in LESS time!
Here's the Mini Walk lineup:

Light Walk!
Brisk + Steady!
Interval Walk!
Short + Sweaty!
Walk, Kick + Jab!
Dance Walk!
Tummy Trimmer!
Lower Body Blast!
Upper Body Blast!
Flexibility Walk!

Plus, in each 10-minute Mini Walk, Leslie offers one tip from her Top 10 Healthy Life list.

You can mix + match any way you like. The easy-to-use DVD menu allows you to plan your own workout combinations. Plus, Leslie offers you three pre-planned workouts made up of her favorite combinations. With so many options, you can't help but STAY MOTIVATED!

Minutes a day... not hours a day... can be the secret that turns your fitness around! "

:smile: Sounds interesting to me, but I don't think it's a "miles based" workout. That wouldn't stop me from buying it though.

Replies

• Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Comes out tomorrow (26th) on Amazon...I pre-ordered and can't wait! :flowerforyou: Can never have too many Leslie dvds lol
  • schafmom
    schafmom Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I went to pre order tonight and Amazon wouldn't let me....so I found a couple others that looked like they would be fun. Walk it off in 30 days and 5 day Walk Plan. They will go nicely with the few I already have. I'm so excited about them I can't wait until they get here (I think I need a life :ohwell: )
    Debbie
  • AnnofB
    Options
    Comes out tomorrow (26th) on Amazon...I pre-ordered and can't wait! :flowerforyou: Can never have too many Leslie dvds lol

Scoobees --- Too true!
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I went to pre order tonight and Amazon wouldn't let me....so I found a couple others that looked like they would be fun. Walk it off in 30 days and 5 day Walk Plan. They will go nicely with the few I already have. I'm so excited about them I can't wait until they get here (I think I need a life :ohwell: )
    Debbie

Haha Debbie. Same here. I'm rubbing my hands together with glee. I'm able to quote the dialog from every dvd I have so I'm ready for something new. :wink:
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I bought this DVD yesterday! I reserved one from a big box store online and practically ran there as soon as the store opened! As a HUGE Leslie fan who prefers the older workouts I have to say this is the most anticipation I've had for any of her latest releases!

Typically I use a 1 or 2 mile workout as a warm up in the mornings before other workouts and I use the longer workouts to mix up my workouts for when I can't get outdoors (winter time, rain, too hot etc). Therefore I was really looking forward to using some new shorter and/or one mile walks.

I've only used two of the walks so far (Tummy Trimmer & Upper Body Blast) and it was a great workout! With Tummy Trimmer she did skaters and also a pull down with your arms move when you do kicks and knee lifts. I really felt that in my obliques. For the Upper Body Blast I used 5 lbs hand weights.

All walks are around or a little over 10 minutes and the total time is 104 minutes. There are no countdowns or "you've reached a mile" celebrations. In fact I don't think a single mini-walk even qualifies as 1 mile. There's a "Light Walk" which is like the warm-up (a classic walk - no jumping or boosted walking) and a "Flexibility Walk" which serves as a cool down with stretching.

There are no additional props needed like a stretchy band or hand weights, but you can always add them to increase the intensity.

The music to me was just okay. The typically techno/club workout type music, but it wasn't loud or annoying. There is a music only option for all of the walks as well.

Leslie, is our Leslie in the DVD (chatty), but she was not overly giddy. There were 3 walkers from her latest collections and one new person that I liked tended to follow more than the others. All of the walkers were on beat and smiley which I appreciate.

This release has surpass all of my expectations. There is a great mix of pre-programmed workouts or you can create your own! I will definitely be using this DVD in my rotation.

A small side note: I really miss seeing older and/or overweight people in the workouts. When I first started using her DVD's I was about 65 lbs heavier than I am now. I found it extremely motivating to see older and/or heavy people doing the workouts. I thought to myself if they can do it I can as well! Lastly I really miss the old gang (Grandma Jo, Mary Kay, Carol, Linda etc.) and I wonder how they are doing.

When you all get this DVD post how you like it! I'm off to do Lower Body and Interval Walk! :)
  • AnnofB
    Options
    I bought this DVD yesterday! I reserved one from a big box store online and practically ran there as soon as the store opened! As a HUGE Leslie fan who prefers the older workouts I have to say this is the most anticipation I've had for any of her latest releases!

Typically I use a 1 or 2 mile workout as a warm up in the mornings before other workouts and I use the longer workouts to mix up my workouts for when I can't get outdoors (winter time, rain, too hot etc). Therefore I was really looking forward to using some new shorter and/or one mile walks.

I've only used two of the walks so far (Tummy Trimmer & Upper Body Blast) and it was a great workout! With Tummy Trimmer she did skaters and also a pull down with your arms move when you do kicks and knee lifts. I really felt that in my obliques. For the Upper Body Blast I used 5 lbs hand weights.

All walks are around or a little over 10 minutes and the total time is 104 minutes. There are no countdowns or "you've reached a mile" celebrations. In fact I don't think a single mini-walk even qualifies as 1 mile. There's a "Light Walk" which is like the warm-up (a classic walk - no jumping or boosted walking) and a "Flexibility Walk" which serves as a cool down with stretching.

There are no additional props needed like a stretchy band or hand weights, but you can always add them to increase the intensity.

The music to me was just okay. The typically techno/club workout type music, but it wasn't loud or annoying. There is a music only option for all of the walks as well.

Leslie, is our Leslie in the DVD (chatty), but she was not overly giddy. There were 3 walkers from her latest collections and one new person that I liked tended to follow more than the others. All of the walkers were on beat and smiley which I appreciate.

This release has surpass all of my expectations. There is a great mix of pre-programmed workouts or you can create your own! I will definitely be using this DVD in my rotation.

A small side note: I really miss seeing older and/or overweight people in the workouts. When I first started using her DVD's I was about 65 lbs heavier than I am now. I found it extremely motivating to see older and/or heavy people doing the workouts. I thought to myself if they can do it I can as well! Lastly I really miss the old gang (Grandma Jo, Mary Kay, Carol, Linda etc.) and I wonder how they are doing.

When you all get this DVD post how you like it! I'm off to do Lower Body and Interval Walk! :)

Rainbow you've got me wanting to go to Walmart to get this!

I too miss the old crew. I wonder if they are working at her gym as instructors still.

I lost a lot of weight with Leslie and it can be so inspiring to see people of all sizes out there sweating to the beat. I wonder what happened to Barb and Van and the other lady who's name I can't remember who were in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk that was part of the Walk At Home series. She ought to do a "reunion" dvd with all the people that have been in her videos. That would really be inspiring.

Thanks for this indepth review. :flowerforyou:
  • Kendrazombie
    Kendrazombie Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    So exciting! I just ordered it off Amazon and can't wait for it to get here!
  • KristinKory
    KristinKory Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Debbie

You will love those workouts!! I just bought 30 Days a couple of weeks ago and I am enjoying it. I have had 5 Day Walk Plan for about 4 months and it is one of my favourites!

I definitely want to purchase the latest dvd too.
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    I had pre-ordered from Sears soon after Mix & Match Walk Blasters DVD was announced, and it came in the mail yesterday afternoon!!
    The fabulous use of technology like in the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan DVD where the walks can be programed the way we want to work them :drinker: , plus the music only option :wink: , as well as the completely new concept of 10 mini walks was definitely intriguing. I didn't even wait for reviews on Amazon or Collage Video like I usually do before buying eventually, or waiting for it to come to my library first.

I already walked outdoors this morning but may have to pop it in for a go at it later on today :happy: .... Or for sure tomorrow for my 'DVD day'.

Great review, rainbow198; it was well written and very informative :flowerforyou: .

Edited to add: I had to know... so I did a quick preview watch (regular speed mixed with fast forwards and then skip to the next walk) of the DVD and it looks wonderful! Each walk is completely different - using the music and beat, as well as the moves, to achieve the purpose or theme of the walk. The set is light and airy (even with a gentle breeze lightly stirring the sheers on the windows) and the walkers are spot on while following Leslie's cues.

I now look forward to walking with this DVD even more after my quick preview :flowerforyou: .
  • texasgardnr
    texasgardnr Posts: 2,660 Member
    Options
    Debbie

You will love those workouts!! I just bought 30 Days a couple of weeks ago and I am enjoying it. I have had 5 Day Walk Plan for about 4 months and it is one of my favourites!

I definitely want to purchase the latest dvd too.

The Walk It Off in 30 Days and U5DWP are awesome DVDs! They are high on my rotation list. The technology of the new Walk Blasters DVD is like the Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan with the addition of a music only option (which I wish the U5DWP had b/c that would have made it a perfect DVD - in my opinion :wink: ).
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options

Rainbow you've got me wanting to go to Walmart to get this!

I too miss the old crew. I wonder if they are working at her gym as instructors still.

I lost a lot of weight with Leslie and it can be so inspiring to see people of all sizes out there sweating to the beat. I wonder what happened to Barb and Van and the other lady who's name I can't remember who were in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk that was part of the Walk At Home series. She ought to do a "reunion" dvd with all the people that have been in her videos. That would really be inspiring.

Thanks for this indepth review. :flowerforyou:

Thank you Annofb! Yes, I wonder about some of the cast too. Stephanie was the other person in the 3 Mile Weight Loss Walk (my favorite workout!) and I wonder how Mikki (or is it Nikki?) is doing. I always liked her high energy. A reunion would be great!

Great review, rainbow198; it was well written and very informative :flowerforyou: .

Edited to add: I had to know... so I did a quick preview watch (regular speed mixed with fast forwards and then skip to the next walk) of the DVD and it looks wonderful! Each walk is completely different - using the music and beat, as well as the moves, to achieve the purpose or theme of the walk. The set is light and airy (even with a gentle breeze lightly stirring the sheers on the windows) and the walkers are spot on while following Leslie's cues.

I now look forward to walking with this DVD even more after my quick preview :flowerforyou: .

Thanks texasgardnr!

Like you, I usually wait to read reviews before purchasing fitness dvd's. I had a feeling this was going to be a winner. I also like the programming technology as well. You can so a short light walk, focus on upper body, lower body or do an intense workout with the Interval Walk and Short and Sweaty walk.

To add to my review...

I did the entire video and the time went by so fast! The only mini-walk I didn't care for was the Dance Walk, but that's mainly because I don't care for dancey workouts.

Leslie also offers "fitness tips" during each walk. They are simple like make sure you are drinking your water and fueling your body with good, healthy foods etc. Whether you are a new walker or a seasoned one I found most of them helpful to hear.

I did find the transitions at times to be a little weird, but that is to be expected when one workout doesn't "flow" into the next one.

I'm very happy with my purchase and thinking about buying more to give to others. :)