Sort of new to this

Options
Hey Everyone. I'm looking to find friends that are having the same struggles I am. I have been a type one for 8 years now, almost 30, and have decided enough is enough (again). I would love ideas, victories, friends, and support! PLease feel free to add me, and share some tips. I am up for anything. Thank you!

Replies

• Pudgemuffin1
    Pudgemuffin1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi I am type one also apparently thru alot of research I found that low carb and higher fat is the best for type one diabetics. I am trying to stay with that plan the sugar free and low fat products raise your blood sugar where the higher fat like full fat yogurt plain you would add fruit etc does not raise it as fast it is slower over time. There is a great site called Tu-Diabetes that is very helpful too you might like.
  • kithalloyd
    kithalloyd Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    people will tell you all sorts of things to help you and your bs levels. Truth is everyones body is different. It took me years to learn that. Pasta can be almost illegal for one peron and doesnt really bother another and so on. Im glad you joined the group. Exercise is a great way to start with lowering levels but remember your bs may raise before it lowers so keep close eye on it.