Migraines

Options
Anyone else suffering severe migraines? I have been getting some that leave me bed bound for days at a time! My doctor prescribed my fentanyl, which is tylenol+codeine+caffeine. But I have been getting them so often, I hate to take it so much! I have an appointment in two weeks, so I am trying to suffer through with minimum medication until then. But this is awful!! I am 12 weeks today.

Anyone else in the same boat??? I really think its stemming from my neck, the pattern has been neck pain for 1-2 days, then migraine for 2-3 days. It is really depressing. :ohwell:

Replies

• ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Morning! I went through a phase from month 3-5 having headaches almost everyday varying between 2-6 hours. I'm lucky though, they only developed into migraines a few times and I was able to get to sleep through them.

Yours sound terrible! Mine were due to having super low blood pressure so the extra blood was causing a lot of pressure in my tiny vessels, and thus the headache. My only remedy was dark rooms and a bucket of water every day - I'm 5.5mo now, and if I dont drink a lot of water/tea I get terrible headaches, but again I'm fortunate that they dont turn into migraines.

Have you had migraines before? I'm guessing it's not possible for you to sleep through them since you have children now, my only suggestion is drinking more to keep the blood pressure low? good luck :)
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I have had migraines since I was a kid...and the same as you...in bed for up to 24 hours..can’t take care of my family or anything! I was managing them for the past few years with a beta blocker and Relax. Worked wonders! I’ve been off those since I found out I was pregnant. Saturday I had my first migraine since going off....15 hours of torture...in bed, not being able to lift my head without vomiting. Tylenol does absolutely NOTHING for me. Saw my OB Monday afternoon and she still said no to any Trip tans so I’m hoping Saturday was a fluke thing and I’m not going to get them more frequently this pregnancy.
  • ghsfitnesspal
    ghsfitnesspal Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Shame that sounds rough MelissR75 - fingers crossed it doesn't occur again
  • miranda_mom
    miranda_mom Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I was. My doctor told me two things: to make sure that I did not just stop caffeine cold turkey when I found out I was pregnant, and to take an OTC allergy med (I can't remember which one, but I think Claritin) every day. Cleared them right up.