Blood pressure issues with Bipolar and weight gain

Options
Is anyone having issues losing or maintaining weight?

I just returned from the Dr. So far, I'm gaining 1/2lb a week in spite of my very strict diet and workout efforts. Previously, I was placed on blood pressure medication along with xanax temporarily until my Psyciatrist appointment. I recently read that biploar disorder has correlations to health issues like hypertension. Long story short, I'm hoping my high blood pressure is the result of my bipolar and once I'm on medication, I won't need the blood pressure meds anymore. I keep daily logs of my BP. I showed the Dr. and he agreed that my pressure is very well managed when I'm home. However, when at the Dr. office, it skyrocketed. Knowing I would be anxious at the Dr.'s, I took a xanax before...still no luck. Now that I'm back home, my pressure is back to the very good range...wth o_O. I know about white coat syndrome, but geez.

I find it so frustrating that I'm gaining weight. I'm not overweight to begin and my BMI is well within average ranges, but it won't be if I can't stop gaining. I monitor my sodium intake VERY strictly and ensure it's always under 1000mg daily. I drink over a gallon of water a day. I don't eat red meat and basically, my diet is ALREADY what the Dr.'s recommend, yet I'm still gaining. I've had tons of other biological systems checked and none of the usual suspects are abnormal (e.g. thyroid).

The only other thing I can think might be the cause is the blood pressure medication mixed with the xanax for my panic attacks. I know BP meds can slow your metabolism making it hard to lose weight, which seems counterproductive to me. I've stopped weighing myself as it's just depressing.

Has anyone else had any similar issues or advice?