Globo gym

Z_I_L_L_A
Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
I do a lot of strength training, so the gym is where I go. But lately instead of going to crossfit, I would do a wod at the end of strength training. Its funny, now I have other people doing what I do. The same people that hate crossfit too. Its funny how they judge something before they know what it is. I did grace, Isabel etc. without letting the bar down hard. Practiced push presses and thrusters. Now some guys are doing thrusters. Damn, I must of shared my Koolaid.

Replies

• Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    It makes me sad how people feel so much peer pressure and don't make up their own minds.

My boyfriend has been along to Crossfit with me once. He didn't do too badly. Then he spent 3 months in Afghanistan with a bunch of guys who think Crossfit is stupid and suddenly he is parrotting stuff they say and refuses to even go near Crossfit. Frustrates me that he's let these guys put thoughts in his head and hasn't bothered to find out for himself, but that's his loss not mine.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    I do a lot of strength training, so the gym is where I go. But lately instead of going to crossfit, I would do a wod at the end of strength training. Its funny, now I have other people doing what I do. The same people that hate crossfit too. Its funny how they judge something before they know what it is. I did grace, Isabel etc. without letting the bar down hard. Practiced push presses and thrusters. Now some guys are doing thrusters. Damn, I must of shared my Koolaid.

I think most people who diss Crossfit really don't know what it is. once they find out they're like "wait a second...I do a lot of that stuff already."

BTW there is a video out there of Bob Harper (Biggest Loser) doing Grace prettty quickly and shaving a couple of minutes off his PR by (at his coach's insistence) dropping the bar on each rep, picking up and doing it again. Steady as a metronome.
  • bostonwolf
    It makes me sad how people feel so much peer pressure and don't make up their own minds.

My boyfriend has been along to Crossfit with me once. He didn't do too badly. Then he spent 3 months in Afghanistan with a bunch of guys who think Crossfit is stupid and suddenly he is parrotting stuff they say and refuses to even go near Crossfit. Frustrates me that he's let these guys put thoughts in his head and hasn't bothered to find out for himself, but that's his loss not mine.

Funny, a lot of US soldiers LOVE Crossfit. Must not carry across the pond, or perhaps they hate it BECAUSE the Americans are so into it.
  • Inkratlet
    Inkratlet Posts: 613 Member
    Maybe. I've got two big USAF bases nearby so probably half of the CF membership is American either military or dependant. Culturally we are a bit different, but that isn't a bad thing.

I think in this case the people he was with were doing isolation work in a bodybuilding sort of fashion. I always inwardly laugh when OH tells me he did legs/chest/arms today. I'm like, "I did everything!"
  • bostonwolf
    Maybe. I've got two big USAF bases nearby so probably half of the CF membership is American either military or dependant. Culturally we are a bit different, but that isn't a bad thing.

I think in this case the people he was with were doing isolation work in a bodybuilding sort of fashion. I always inwardly laugh when OH tells me he did legs/chest/arms today. I'm like, "I did everything!"

Either one will get you strong. Crossfit is more functional, but I'm sure if your guy is infantry hauling around all his gear is more than enough to ensure functional fitness.