encouragement

Options
joyswift3
joyswift3 Posts: 17 Member
Since I first started over 2 years ago I've lost 1 and a half stone and have another stone to lose. I'm encouraged as 3 people have independently commented on my weight loss saying how good I look. It seems that over a stone has to be lost before people notice. But the best is that I feel fitter, healthier and can walk further and faster

Replies

• lesleychev
    lesleychev Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss so far. I'm just starting mine again lol. I think sometimes that people notice the change because of the way we change the way we move after our first stone. It's a major target to all who are losing weight and we are so proud we stand taller.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    Other people are definitely a good judge especially if you don't see them too regularly. I just can't see any change in the mirror but others have commented. I've still a heck of a long way to go so I'm hoping it will be a big surprise to my family when I see them at Christmas.

There are a good group of people on here who are committed to doing this right, sticking with it and helping others so you are in the right place :-)
  • tiggsnanny
    tiggsnanny Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I saw a friend the other day, that I haven't seen for about a year, straight away, she said "Crikey, you've lost loads of weight" it made me feel really good, because sometimes, I don't feel any different.

Well done on your weight loss :D xx
  • persistentsoul
    persistentsoul Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have lost best part of 3 stone and no one has noticed that I have lost weight, not even the person I am intimately involved with. He did say my skin looks good. Last time I lost a lot I think it was about 5 stone before anyone noticed. As it took 5 stone loss starting at 21 stone , it will be 6 or more I expect before anyone notices as this time I started at 23 stone. Oh , well, I can feel a difference at least:smile:
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    You won't always notice as much yourself as you are looking at yourself every day in the mirror but that feeling of knowing how looser your clothes are is fantastic and of course when you see someone who hasn't seen you in a while they will see the difference immediately. My only regret is I didn't take more photos of myself before I started all this.
  • TheMrWobbly
    TheMrWobbly Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I have lost best part of 3 stone and no one has noticed that I have lost weight, not even the person I am intimately involved with. He did say my skin looks good. Last time I lost a lot I think it was about 5 stone before anyone noticed. As it took 5 stone loss starting at 21 stone , it will be 6 or more I expect before anyone notices as this time I started at 23 stone. Oh , well, I can feel a difference at least:smile:

Those closest to you are pretty useless at seeing it as well - I bet you people have noticed
  • aprilh47
    aprilh47 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    i think its funny when people look at you, then ask "you look different have you done something different with your hair". What I want to reply is Yes, but what your looking at is me nearly 3 stone lighter. But i never do.
    It can definatly make you feel worse when people you havent seen for a while do not notice. But on the other hand my hubby notices just about every pound, he can usually guess my loss before i tell him.
  • rhonsal
    rhonsal Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss!

I lost 3 stone last year but when i looked in the mirror i didn't see anything different about myself (even though i was fitting in to clothes i couldn't before) - close friends were great and commented on how they could notice, whilst i think other people felt a bit awkward commenting. Unfortunately as i couldn't see the differnence myself I became totally demotivated putting all the weight back on.

I'm now starting over again, and someone commented that i'm quite a visual person so why not try have a jar in the kitchen and put a pound in for every pound lost - i'm hoping that by seeing the jar everyday and it fills up it will help to remind me of my accomplishment as well as saving some money so i can treat myself as a reward.

Fingers crossed!