August 29th, 2014 - Demonstrate your trust in Me

Mine_Time
Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
"Demonstrate your trust in Me by sitting quietly in My Presence. Put aside all that is waiting to be done, and refuse to worry about anything. This sacred time together strengthens you and prepares you to face whatever the day will bring. By waiting with Me before you begin the day's activities, you proclaim the reality of My living Presence. This act of faith - waiting before working is noted in the spirit world, where your demonstration of trust weakens principalities and powers of darkness.

The most effective way to resist evil is to draw near Me. When you need to take action, I will guide you clearly through My Spirit and My Word. The world is so complex and overstimulating that you can easily lose your sense of direction. Doing countless unnecessary activities will dissipate your energy. When you spend time with Me, I restore your sense of direction. As you look to Me for guidance, I enable you to do less but accomplish more.

Luke 12:22-26; Eph 6:12; Prov 16:3"

How can I relate this to my weight loss journey?

It tells me what I do here with these devotions is what God wants me to do. It gives me that moment to spend time with Him to be able to face my day for whatever comes. He will give me the strength to do what is right with my diet. To guide and help me make the right choices.

Good Morning Father, I am so blessed to have you in my life. This morning Father I am laying this weight loss journey in your hands. Please guide me today to do Your will with it. Thank you for the many blessings and the strength. I love your Father. In Jesus Name. Amen

Replies

• twiggysunshine
    twiggysunshine Posts: 18 Member
    I would like to spend more time with you Father. It seems I find so many ways to avoid alone time with you. Please help me to break through in that area with you. I know that is what I need.
  • Mine_Time
    Mine_Time Posts: 588 Member
    Amen

I think that is a prayer many of us can pray for ourselves. Thank you.