General Chitchat

Options
Thread for whatever you want :happy:

Replies

• kittenincalgary
    kittenincalgary Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    :embarassed: Doh! I see its been a few weeks since I posted. Im terrible at thinking of things to say. I guess as the group is still new, it's normal to be quieter at this stage. :smile:
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Just checking in, I hope everyone who reads this is doing well. :smile: The weather here in Calgary is beautiful, even with that freak snowstorm a couple weeks ago. It isnt unheard of for snow to fall in September here, but it is uncommon. Lots of broken trees in the city & the clean-up still continues even now.
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Well, I figure I better post something so MFP doesnt disable this group for inactivity. I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving weekend. :)
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    well, some good news today has really lit a fire under me as the saying goes. I dont want to jinx it by saying what it was but knowing how unmotivated Ive been lately Im so happy. :)
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    The weather is getting much colder here in Calgary but I'm determined to stay active. There is 4 flights of stairs in my building so I will see how many flights I can do in 15 minutes, then try and build on that. If anyone has any suggestions, I would love to hear them. :)
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    I figured I had better post something so that MFP doesnt remove this group. I am still hoping that eventually others will join in and share.
    When I checked the mail yesterday, there was an info package from the pre-op clinic of the hospital. All standard stuff. I am a bit concerned that they are requesting a chest X-ray. I quit last year, but live with a smoker now. I was tested for COPD and asthma, but was not diagnosed with either. I did a Rx for a daily inhalation powder (Seebri Breezehaler) and a rescue inhaler that I never used.
    Christmas went okay. I roasted a chicken with a few veggies. I only had a small amount myself and more veggies than chicken. I did eyeball the pumpkin pie on the table quite a bit, but managed to stay away from it. (This morning, I announced that if someone didnt eat the last piece before 9am that I would no longer be able to stay away. It was gone 3 mins later, lol)
    I hope everyone reading this is having a great Christmas season!
    - Allison :)
  • bubblebubbies
    Options
    Hi Allison!

Glad you had a nice Christmas season :) you said you got a pre op package...when is surgery?
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Hi there! :) Im scheduled for surgery on Feb 11th. And of course like a lot of things, this last little bit of time before seems to be crawling by. lol :D
  • kittenincalgary
    Options
    Day 1 of 2 week pre-op liquids today. Waking up wasn't easy without my coffee. :\
  • JG5197148
    JG5197148 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    How did you surgery go Kitten?