Welcome and Introductions - "10 lbs. by October 1st."

Options
1013carl
1013carl Posts: 376 Member
Welcome and Introductions - "10 lbs. by October 1st."

…AND THE CHALLENGE CONTINUES… Now until October 1st.

This is a continuation of the 10 lbs. by September 1st. challenge... And a new beginning for all!
Here we reset...
1.) Our start weight to our current weights.
2.) Establish out new goals for this challenge

Everyone is welcome to join.... Make some Friends and Support them!

Carl -

This Group and Topic are a continuation from the May group named “10lbs. By June”.

Where it all Started? It was a jay_taay idea, so all credit to her…
It appears that DEPick who originally built the site has deactivated his MFP account.

Anyone wanting to participate is welcome to join the group. Our goal is “10lbs By July”
Please make a posting here and introduce yourself!

In the group there are 2 topics to start with. One for posting your “Daily Workouts”, and the other one for you to post your “Weekly Weigh-Ins”.

Take it from there and add as needed. Any other related topics or member discussions are encouraged.

Enjoy yourselves, help each other, and Good Luck to you!
[/quote]

Replies

• 1013carl
    1013carl Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Hello and Welcome everybody!

My name is Carl and If I can help in any way, just let me know!

This is a great challenge and everyone is welcome to participate! We all support each other, so jump right in and get busy!

Make some friends, support and help each other out!

Please log in here and let us know if you are accepting this month's challenge. Also, go to the Weigh in topic for October and enter you beginning stats.

Best of luck,
    Carl -
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks again Carl! Looking forward to being active in this group.

Let's go!
  • 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    I'm in once again and hoping for better results! I did a lot better in August at watching my food, getting some exercise and drinking water, and there's lots of room for improvement for Sept. I lost several pounds in Aug but they came right back on and then I'd lose them again, at one point I was up 2 pounds for my Aug starting weight. I'm starting Sept only down .6 pounds from last month. I'll be starting 30 DS today.
  • hirstrl
    hirstrl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Im Here!!
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Me too! Me Too! Yay!!!!!!

I'm here for anyone who needs and always feel free to keep me accountable! I made some progress in September but I KNOW I can do much better!

Here we go!!!!

Ann
  • rezekiel
    rezekiel Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm back again. I haven't much success this summer. I've used my back injury and now my knee as an excuse to eat abhorrently. Since it doesn't seem like I'll be able to get back into working out anytime soon I've, finally, decided to take action with my eating. Here's to having a successful month one day at a time.
  • qtina67
    qtina67 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am Tina from Pennsylvania. I need support and motivation big time. I tend to do ok for a little then I have massive cravings for sugar generally peanut butter and chocolate. I think its emotional eating. I spend atlot of time alone. I am not anti-social I just get paralyzed by my weight. I want to lose 20lbs total. Its not just the number I want to look stealth. I need support truly I do. So I hope I can do this 10 lbs by October 1`. Can someone give me eating ideas.? ways to do it ?

My starting weight was 170
    my current weight is 165.4
    my goal weight is 145
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    Hi there I am Tina from Pennsylvania. I need support and motivation big time. I tend to do ok for a little then I have massive cravings for sugar generally peanut butter and chocolate. I think its emotional eating. I spend atlot of time alone. I am not anti-social I just get paralyzed by my weight. I want to lose 20lbs total. Its not just the number I want to look stealth. I need support truly I do. So I hope I can do this 10 lbs by October 1`. Can someone give me eating ideas.? ways to do it ?

my goal weight is 145

Hi Tina and welcome to the group, send friend requests to any of the members as most of us have diaries that are open to our friends so you might pick up some tips there. Personally I have been very successful on here and can attribute my success to being very determined and almost always staying within my calorie goals. I am a great believer that exercise is a big factor in losing weight even if it is getting a brisk walk every day, you don't even need to out and do it if the weather is bad outside, just walk on the spot in your house while watching TV, the important thing is to get your heart beating a lot faster than you normally would. This has worked really well for me and I use the extra calories that I burn from exercising to treat myself to whatever I want to eat or drink and trust me anyone who has seen my diary knows I like my alcohol, chinese take aways and chocolate snacks but whenever I am having these I always just make sure to do that little bit extra exercise to keep inside my daily calorie target. In terms of foods I am inclined to stick to certain meals that I enjoy and know they are relatively low calories especially when I am working.

An average day for me would consist of Breakfast: 3 slices of wholemeal toast with very thinly spread low fat spread and a small banana sliced very thinly on top and a cup of coffee (around 380 cals) Lunch: mushroom omelet made with 3 eggs (but only 1 yolk) along with a grilled chicken breast and a sliced tomato (around 350 cals), Dinner: grilled turkey breast fillets (250g), salad, and some baby potatoes that I have sauted in an actifryer with some seasoning and a couple of squirts of frylight (around 700 cals). Now that is fairly substantial eating for a day and would leave me quite full and around 1450 cals for the day. I usually burn anything between 600-1300 extra calories exercising so If I want any additional snacks I eat back about half of the calories I burn exercising. I use a heart rate monitor whenever I am doing any exercising or walking for a more accurate count of my calories burned. I would also use electronic scales for weighing out my foods eaten especially for the first few months till I got a good idea of my portion sizes. It sounds silly but trust me weighing your food is paramount to accuracy in counting the calories and achieving that important deficit that will guarantee weight loss.

A lot of what I have been doing is common sense, read the nutritional value on everything you buy (it will shock you how high some things are!!) but do not deny yourself your favourite foods such as chocolate and peanut butter or you will end up craving them so much you will fail, as I say just find a way to fit them in to your daily calories and try moderation, you may find you appreciate the taste even more when you cut down the amount you allow yourself (i can suck on a piece of chocolate for about 15 mins these days lol) Good luck and don't be afraid to ask anything they are a very friendly bunch in here.
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 768 Member
    Options

my goal weight is 145

Hi Tina and welcome to the group, send friend requests to any of the members as most of us have diaries that are open to our friends so you might pick up some tips there. Personally I have been very successful on here and can attribute my success to being very determined and almost always staying within my calorie goals. I am a great believer that exercise is a big factor in losing weight even if it is getting a brisk walk every day, you don't even need to out and do it if the weather is bad outside, just walk on the spot in your house while watching TV, the important thing is to get your heart beating a lot faster than you normally would. This has worked really well for me and I use the extra calories that I burn from exercising to treat myself to whatever I want to eat or drink and trust me anyone who has seen my diary knows I like my alcohol, chinese take aways and chocolate snacks but whenever I am having these I always just make sure to do that little bit extra exercise to keep inside my daily calorie target. In terms of foods I am inclined to stick to certain meals that I enjoy and know they are relatively low calories especially when I am working.

An average day for me would consist of Breakfast: 3 slices of wholemeal toast with very thinly spread low fat spread and a small banana sliced very thinly on top and a cup of coffee (around 380 cals) Lunch: mushroom omelet made with 3 eggs (but only 1 yolk) along with a grilled chicken breast and a sliced tomato (around 350 cals), Dinner: grilled turkey breast fillets (250g), salad, and some baby potatoes that I have sauted in an actifryer with some seasoning and a couple of squirts of frylight (around 700 cals). Now that is fairly substantial eating for a day and would leave me quite full and around 1450 cals for the day. I usually burn anything between 600-1300 extra calories exercising so If I want any additional snacks I eat back about half of the calories I burn exercising. I use a heart rate monitor whenever I am doing any exercising or walking for a more accurate count of my calories burned. I would also use electronic scales for weighing out my foods eaten especially for the first few months till I got a good idea of my portion sizes. It sounds silly but trust me weighing your food is paramount to accuracy in counting the calories and achieving that important deficit that will guarantee weight loss.

A lot of what I have been doing is common sense, read the nutritional value on everything you buy (it will shock you how high some things are!!) but do not deny yourself your favourite foods such as chocolate and peanut butter or you will end up craving them so much you will fail, as I say just find a way to fit them in to your daily calories and try moderation, you may find you appreciate the taste even more when you cut down the amount you allow yourself (i can suck on a piece of chocolate for about 15 mins these days lol) Good luck and don't be afraid to ask anything they are a very friendly bunch in here.

^^^ This! He has it figured out - that's for sure !
This discussion has been closed.