Provera

Has anyone else on here taken Provera? I'm on day 6 of 10 and I feel like I have a war going on inside of my body. I've slept so much the past couple of days because I've been so tired. And right now I'm cramping so bad that I can hardly stand it. Did y'all experience these symptoms? Is this normal?

Replies

• soechsner09
    soechsner09 Posts: 119 Member
    Sorry, I haven't taken Provera. I hope someone can shed light on things for you, because that doesn't sound good at all. If this is still happening I'd see your doctor. I hope you feel better soon!
  • I have taken Provera many times but haven't had any pain from it. You can always call your doctor and see what they say. Hope you feel better!
  • chels663
    chels663 Posts: 1 Member
    I have only taken Provera once (last month). I didn't have pain while taking it, but I did get sharp pains the day after the last pill. It took 6 days for AF to come.
  • I just recently took Provera from Sept. 3rd - Sept. 12th. I didn't really experience too much pain - got a cramp once in a while.
    It did wake me up at 3am for some odd reason and it took me about an hour to fall back asleep AND towards the end I got pretty nauseous ...but never threw up.
    It did take 12 days for AF to happen and now I feel like I'm in the Shining...guess that's what 81 days without a cycle will do to you.
    Maybe it's your body really trying to get into a cycle? I think if it's too unbearable you might want to contact your doctor just in case.
  • LoyalAngel16
    LoyalAngel16 Posts: 186 Member
    I just started taking this myself and taking it Sept 20-Sept 30. I was experiencing bad cramping when I first started, but I have been having that for the past 3 months with no cycle. Depending on how long you went without a cycle, then maybe it's just your body getting ready. I have had cramps so bad, I have been in tears and dropped on the floor, but I am currently cramp free.