Fitness Tracker Devices

Options
Hello! My name is Megan. I am new to this group but I have been using MFP for about a year. I had an injury several months ago and I am finally back on my feet but I did some major backtracking on my weight loss goal and its time for me to get serious again! I have been looking for a great fitness tracking device. I have had my eyes on the fitbit for quite a while now, but I am pretty frugal. I hate spending $100+ on anything I am not sure of especially when the stores in my area are cracking down on returns for electronics. It is almost impossible to return opened electronics anymore but I am a person that cant really decide if I like something unless I try it. I have been getting into running again and I would love something that I can download my info on the computer or into an app. I am also looking for a good app that tracks calories burned for strength exercises or possibly a website that has accurate information. I find I do best at loosing weight and making healthy choices when I know what I have burned and what my limits are. That's why I love MFP! So my question to everyone is.....What are your favorite fitness devices or websites besides MFP that keep you on track?:happy: :happy:

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've extensively used endomondo and runkeeper apps on my phone for tracking my exercise. I know endomondo can automatically bring calories burned over to MFP (and I think maybe runkeeper can now also, but not sure on that one). There are a lot of other exercise-tracking apps/websites like that. AFAIK, there isn't any way to accurately track calories burned in strength training on a device.
  • Aaron190
    Aaron190 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have a polar heart rate monitor. It has a chest strap and a watch. You can set it for different heart rate ranges and it monitors your calories burned. Not sure how much it cost, I got mine as a gift. It seems to be pretty accurate too.