Flying Pig Marathon

Options
Anyone ever done it? Thoughts?

Replies

• lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I did the half in 2012 and the full in 2013. They start together and the majority of the field is doing the half, so the first mile is a bit of a slow go, but there is good crowd support and all of the hills are in the first 6 miles. A bit expensive, but good swag and good expo. I would not recommend it as a half (too crowded), but I think the full course is very nice if you are okay with a few hills. However, this has been my only full, so I can't really make comparisons. Anything specific you wanted to know?
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    was just seeing what people thought, all the running mags talk about how fun it is, but I like to hear from people who have done it
  • ProfessorYaffle
    Options
    I've done both full and half more than once, and I liked both. The crowd support is unlike any other race I've done, the swag is great, and the medal is nice. The course is kind of hilly, and the last 6 miles feels like more of an incline than I would like at that point in the race, but it really wasn't too bad.

I enjoyed Columbus a little more, but FP is a close second. Better than Air Force, I think.
  • soxobsessed
    soxobsessed Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've done both full and half more than once, and I liked both. The crowd support is unlike any other race I've done, the swag is great, and the medal is nice. The course is kind of hilly, and the last 6 miles feels like more of an incline than I would like at that point in the race, but it really wasn't too bad.

I enjoyed Columbus a little more, but FP is a close second. Better than Air Force, I think.

thanks