Rest day binge-a-holic

Options
It's an unexpected rest day due to some blistered feet, yet I still have my same appetite. After snacking all day at the office (someone opened the candy bag!) I logged my food intake and - to my dismay - I'm EIGHT HUNDRED CALORIES over my daily allowance.

WTF.

One day of binge snacking isn't going to ruin me. One day of awful decisions isn't going to keep me from running. One day isn't going to make me gain 10lbs. But it HAS given me a terrible sugar headache, an upset tummy (yes I just used the word tummy) and a HUGE urge to have a long sweaty run in the morning to get rid of the crap I've put inside.

Anyone else suffer from rest day binges?

Replies

• tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Been there. I've struggled a long time with sweets. I made some diet changes this year that have really helped with my binge/restrict cycle. If you do this regularly, try to identify why. If it's a rare occurance, just move on and start tomorrow fresh, new day, new attitude.
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Yes but mine are typically 2000-3000. I don;'t think you have anything to be worried out
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Yep. i tend to eat more on my rest days than any other day of the week. Apparently muscle repair burns a lot of calories!
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I avoid this problem by not taking a rest day :P
  • PrairieRunner2015
    PrairieRunner2015 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I have this issue as well. I just try to keep unhealthy ready-to-eat snacks out of the house to avoid it. Cravings normally hit me the hardest during the time I would normally be running.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I tend to "bank": a few calories on rest days, and then just dont eat my whole run back on the longer runs. It works out, and doesn't leave me hangry on rest days or bloated on long run days. More true to life anyway, your metabolism doesn't shift daily.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I always have a huge calorie deficit after a long run day. This is typically followed by a surplus on the next day. Usually in the 1000 +/- range. It hasn't hurt me that I know of.