Chronic Pain is Exhausting Takes Strength to Endure

Options
Take good care of yourselves and do what you can to handle the daily challenges of living with chronic pain. My rheumatologist says weight loss does not directly relate to the cause and effect of fibromyalgia since (to simplify) it is a nerve hypersensitivity (and to think, her husband is my weight loss doctor).

Losing weight can help all of the areas of your body that otherwise hurt, so, you are doing something to feel better. I have no idea how much of my pain is weight related. I am ready to find out.

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 1981. There is no cure. I take Lyrica 150mg and Cymbalta 120mg at night. You have to work up to Lyrica 150mg, 25mg at a time to avoid/minimize flu-like side effects. I know it's helping some because I ran out once and noticed a difference. It helps some, but, it still doesn't take it all away.

I have an especially severe case with every trigger point active. I also have osteoarthritis and hyper mobility that are contributing factors.

The best thing for me is to swim. I prefer a water aerobics class to laps, but, any kind of swimming helps. Personally, I like the exercises in the water. The whirlpool before and after is recommended, and is a real treat.

I would love to have access to a hot tub or whirlpool (what IS the difference?) thinking 1st thing AM last thing PM would help. I also think a deep tissue massage 1x a week would make a big difference. Other than that, there is no real cure.

After decades of suffering, it mostly becomes white noise to me, but there are times when I just overall hurt. It's exhausting.

People without chronic pain have no idea how tiring it can be. They can't know just how much strength and effort it takes to endure the pain. And, we can't blame them for not understanding. We can only try to help them understand.

Walking has always been an encouraged form of exercise for fibromyalgia and weight loss supports this form of exercise, also, so maybe that's where you start.

Thoughts? Comments? Questions?